These zucchini boats are stuffed with salmon, marinara sauce and topped with a generous amount of mozzarella! Perfect as a simple yet delicious healthy dinner for your low carb diet.
Table of Contents
Stuffed zucchini (also known as zucchini boats) are not new but this recipe certainly brings a fresh flair to the classic dish.
Salmon and marinara sauce come together in the pan and then topped with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese, they make an unexpected filling for the zucchinis.
Give it a go and you’ll end up adding it to your weekly menus on repeat.
Why You'll Love Salmon Zucchini Boats
- Only 3.8 grams of net carbs!!
- Made with just 6 simple ingredients
- Healthy and delicious low carb dinner
Stuffed Salmon Zucchini Ingredients
You'll only need 6 simple ingredients to make these delicious stuffed zucchini boats.
- Marinara sauce
- Olive oil
How To Make Stuffed Salmon Zucchini Boats
To get started, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Wash and cut your zucchini in half lengthwise, then scoop out the flesh using a spoon and set it aside. Place the zucchini halves on the lined baking tray.
Finely chop the zucchini flesh you scooped out and heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the zucchini flesh and the salmon fillets then sauté for 3 to 5 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper. Use a fork to flake the salmon fillets while they're cooking and add the minced garlic.
Stir in the marinara sauce to the zucchini salmon mixture and mix everything together until well combined.
Spoon the mixture into the zucchini halves and top with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.
Bake the zucchini boats in the preheated over for around 20 minutes until the zucchini is cooked through and the mozzarella is golden and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
In the fridge: Store any leftover stuffed zucchini boats in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They'll keep for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: You can store stuffed zucchini boats in the freezer long term but you have to be careful to freeze them properly. Place them in freezer-safe air tight containers in the freezer where they'll keep for around 2 months.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Fritters (5 Ingredients)
- Zucchini Frittata with Goat Cheese
- Creamy Zucchini Casserole
- Easy Zucchini Alfredo
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Baked Zucchini Balls
- Baked Zucchini Fries (4 Ingredients)
Keto Salmon Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 2 large Zucchinis
- 2 Salmon Fillets skinless
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon Marinara Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/180°C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh using a spoon and place the zucchini halves on the prepared baking pan.
- Finely chop the remaining zucchini flesh and heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the zucchini flesh and the salmon and sauté for 3-5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Flake the salmon with a fork while it’s cooking in the pan and add the garlic.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini halves and top with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the zucchini is cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve hot.