Learn how to make the best keto peanut butter cookies. This 3-ingredient recipe makes crispy cookies with a soft and chewy interior. Just 1.9 grams of net carbs per cookie!
Table of Contents
Who wouldn’t want cookies for breakfast?
These delicious, keto peanut butter cookies are packed with good nutrients that will boost your energy levels and help you start the day right.
You only need three ingredients and 15 minutes but they are also great for meal prepping as they keep fresh for up to 10 days stored in a sealed jar.
Why You'll Them
- Crunchy exterior with soft and chewy interior
- Healthy and great for kids
- Only 1.9 grams of net carbs in each cookie!!
What Are Peanut Butter Cookies?
These keto peanut butter cookies are a low-carb, keto-friendly recipe that is packed with protein and healthy fats.
Peanut butter is high in healthy, natural fats and fiber and adds a rich, earthy flavor to the simplest of recipes, making it perfect for uncomplicated and quick keto breakfasts.
You’ll feel like you are having dessert for breakfast, guilt-free!
Because we're using Erythritol for these keto peanut butter cookies the net carbs are only 2.9g per cookie!
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
You'll only need 3 simple ingredients for these delicious peanut butter cookies!
- Peanut butter - natural unsalted peanut butter that has no added sugars. Make sure you check the nutritional information carefully because lots of store-bought peanut butters have added sugar.
- Erythritol - to help add sweetness to the cookies we'll use Erythritol. Feel free to substitute with any of your preferred sugar-free sweeteners.
- Egg - one large preferably free range egg at room temperature to help bind everything together.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
While you prepare the cookies, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Now grab your ingredients and combine the peanut butter, egg and erythritol in a mixing bowl.
Use a spatula (or your hands!) to mix the ingredients together thoroughly until you get a dough.
Once you have your dough, shape the dough into balls in the palms of your hands. I made 15 cookies with this recipe and I feel they were a perfect size!
Place the balls onto the lined baking tray with space in between each ball.
Here's where you can get creative! Press down on the balls with the back of a fork.
You can also use the back of your hand or experiment with a range of other shapes for different patterns!
Once they're ready to go, place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature and then serve!
These cookies really turned out delicious and I'm sure you're going to love them, enjoy 🙂
To store these delicious cookies you have two options:
To store: Keep leftover peanut butter cookies in an airtight container or jar at room temperature. They'll stay fresh for up to 2 weeks and you can even place them in the refrigerator where they'll keep for up to 1 month.
To freeze: You can make a large batch of these cookies and freeze them for longer storage. It's a great way to meal prep and you can pop them in lunch boxes straight from the freezer. Simply place the cookies between sheets of baking paper in a freezer proof bag or container. They'll keep for up to 6 months in the freezer (if they last that long!)
More Keto Cookie Recipes
If you're looking for more delicious and low carb cookie recipes we've got you covered! Try some of our favorites:
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Halloween Pumpkin Cookies with Frosting
- Best Snowball Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter unsalted (250 grams)
- ⅔ cup Erythritol (135 grams)
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine the peanut butter with the Erythritol and the egg in a mixing bowl using a spatula or your hands. Mix until you get a dough.
- Shape into balls and place on the lined baking pan. Press down with your palm or the back of a fork. This is the part where you can get creative and experiment with different shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.