Learn how to make the best keto peanut butter cookies. This 3-ingredient recipe makes crispy cookies with a soft and chewy interior. Just 1.9 grams of net carbs per cookie!
Table of Contents
Who wouldn’t want cookies for breakfast? These delicious keto peanut butter cookies are packed with good nutrients that will boost your energy levels and help you start the day right.
You only need three ingredients and 15 minutes to make these crunchy cookies. They are also great for meal prepping because they keep fresh for up to 10 days!
Why You'll Them
- Crunchy exterior with a soft and chewy interior
- Healthy keto cookies packed with energy
- Only 1.9 grams of net carbs in each cookie!!
What Are Peanut Butter Cookies?
These keto peanut butter cookies are a low-carb, keto-friendly recipe packed with protein and healthy fats.
Peanut butter is high in healthy, natural fats and fiber and adds a rich, earthy flavor to the simplest of recipes, making it perfect for uncomplicated and quick keto breakfasts.
You’ll feel like you are having dessert for breakfast, guilt-free! Because we're using Erythritol for these keto peanut butter cookies, the net carbs are only 1.9g per cookie!
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
You'll only need 3 simple ingredients for these delicious peanut butter cookies!
- Peanut butter - natural unsalted peanut butter that has no added sugars. Check the nutritional information carefully because lots of store-bought peanut butter have added sugar.
- Erythritol - to help add sweetness to the cookies, we'll use Erythritol. Feel free to substitute with any of your preferred sugar-free sweeteners.
- Egg - one large, preferably free-range egg at room temperature to help bind everything together.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, egg, and Erythritol.
- Use a spatula (or your hands!) to mix the ingredients together thoroughly until it forms cookie dough.
- Shape the dough into balls in the palms of your hands. I made 15 cookies with this recipe, and I feel they were a perfect size.
- Transfer the balls onto the lined baking tray leaving space in between each ball.
- Decorate the cookies. Press down on the balls with the back of a fork. You can also use the back of your hand or experiment with various other shapes for different patterns!
- Bake the keto peanut butter cookies for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature, and then serve!
These cookies really turned out delicious and I'm sure you're going to love them, enjoy 🙂
You can store these delicious cookies at room temperature or freeze them for longer-term storage.
- To store: Keep leftover peanut butter cookies in an airtight container or jar at room temperature. They'll stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, and you can even place them in the refrigerator, where they'll keep for up to 1 month.
- To freeze: You can make a large batch of these cookies and freeze them for longer storage. It's a great way to meal prep, and you can pop them in lunch boxes straight from the freezer. Place the cookies between sheets of baking paper in a freezer-proof bag or container. They'll keep in the freezer for up to 6 months (if they last that long!)
More Keto Cookie Recipes
If you're looking for more delicious and low carb cookie recipes we've got you covered! Try some of our favorites:
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Halloween Pumpkin Cookies with Frosting
- Best Snowball Cookies
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies (Quick, Easy, Low Carb)
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter unsalted (250 grams)
- ⅔ cup Erythritol (135 grams)
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine the peanut butter with the Erythritol and the egg in a mixing bowl using a spatula or your hands. Mix until you get a dough.
- Shape into balls and place on the lined baking pan. Press down with your palm or the back of a fork. This is where you can get creative and experiment with different shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.