These keto glazed donut balls are the best way to satisfy your doughnut cravings while eating low carb! They're perfectly soft, moist, buttery, and coated with a classic vanilla glaze.
Table of Contents
Everyone loves donuts, but they're not exactly low carb. Traditional doughnut balls contain 7 grams of carbs each which would kick your body out of ketosis with just a few bites!
But don't worry, we've put together this mini donut bites recipe with each delicious ball containing less than half a gram of net carbs.
With everything you love and want from a doughnut, including a moist, doughy middle, crispy exterior, and classic vanilla glaze!
Why You'll Love Donut Balls
- Only 0.4 grams of net carbs
- Moist and doughy center
- Crispy exterior
- Classic vanilla glaze
For these delicious low carb donut balls, you'll need to grab the following.
For the Donuts
- Almond Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
For the Vanilla Glaze
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Water (if needed)
We've had some questions regarding the amount of almond flour used in this recipe.
The amount of almond flour is correct. The only way to get the donut balls to be so moist inside is to use less flour and be precise.
It's also very important to allow the dough to rest to reach the desired consistency.
How To Make The Balls
- Preheat your oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Grab a bowl and combine your almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, Erythritol, and baking powder.
- In a pot, melt the butter over low heat, add the vanilla extract, and then fold in the flour mixture.
- Mix constantly to incorporate all the ingredients, and keep mixing with a spatula or wooden spoon for 2 to 3 minutes until a dough is formed (add a little water if needed, one tablespoon at a time).
- The dough has to rest to develop the desired consistency due to the lack of gluten. The dough should be easy to shape into balls that will hold their shape.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Add your egg to the dough once it has reached room temperature, and combine with an electric mixture until an elastic dough is formed.
- Cover with a towel and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Shape your dough into bite-sized balls and place them on your baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 430 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius), then lower the temperature to 355 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and continue baking for 20 minutes until the balls have risen and are golden.
Making the Vanilla Glaze
- Sift your powdered Erythritol into a mixing bowl and gradually add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and water (if needed) until you get a thick and pourable glaze.
- Roll your donut balls in the glaze and place them on a serving plate. Feel free to drizzle any remaining glaze over the donut balls and enjoy them!
The best way to store your donut balls is in an airtight container at room temperature. If you freeze them, they're going to dry out and spoil faster. They'll keep for up to 4 days at room temperature just make sure you keep them away from heat and moisture.
More Keto Sweet Treats
- No-Bake Keto Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cacao Chia Pudding
- BEST Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
Keto Glazed Donut Balls Recipe
For the Donuts
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour (30 grams)
- ⅓ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
For the Vanilla Glaze
- ⅓ cup Erythritol powdered
- ½ teaspoon Heavy Cream
- ⅓ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Water if needed
To Make the Donut Balls
- Preheat the oven to 430°F / 220°C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the xanthan gum, salt, Erythritol, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter over low heat, add the vanilla, and fold in the flour mixture, mixing constantly to incorporate. Keep mixing with a spatula or wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes until a dough is formed, and you can easily shape it into a ball that holds its shape. Add a little water if needed, one tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer into a bowl and allow to reach room temperature before adding the egg and mixing it with an electric mixer until an elastic dough is formed.
- Cover with a tea towel and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Shape into bite-sized balls with your hands and place on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 430°F / 220°C then lower the temperature to 355°F / 180°C and continue to bake for 20 minutes until they have risen into golden donut balls.
To Make the Vanilla Glaze
- Sift the powdered Erythritol in a mixing bowl, adding the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and water (if needed), gradually until you get a thick yet pourable glaze.
- Roll the donuts into the glaze, place in a serving plate and drizzle with any remaining glaze.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Do you have to add the artificial sweetener? Does the recipe require it for proper chemical baking reaction or is it used for taste only?
The sweetener is just for taste, so you can definitely make them without it.
Love your recipes and planning to make these donut holes today. I am a little confused on the Carbs. It says 7.6 grams minus 0.15 fiber and net
0.4, not sure how this turns out to that.. Thanks
The carbs are from alcohol sugars in Erythritol, which doesn't contribute to net carbs or calories. I hope that helps!