These crispy keto zucchini fritters are an excellent appetizer or side and only need 5 ingredients! They're super healthy and loaded with cheese, egg and of course zucchini.
Table of Contents
These keto zucchini fritters require just five ingredients and twenty minutes from start to finish.
You’ll end up with a scrumptious pile of keto friendly fritters that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, side dish, appetizer or even as a main course bejeweled with fresh herbs and a dip of your choice on the side.
Another cool idea is to use lettuce leaves as wraps and make yourself a nice quick sandwich with less than 4g of net carbs per portion.
Why You'll Love Keto Zucchini Fritters
- Only 3.9 grams of net carbs!!
- Great as an appetizer or side
- Healthy and delicious
Zucchini Fritter Ingredients
To make these delicious low carb zucchini fritters you'll only need 5 simple ingredients:
- Zucchini - we'll use fresh zucchini for these fritters which are low in carbs and healthy.
- Eggs - free range room temperature eggs.
- Hard cheese - pick your favorite hard cheese such as Parmesan, Pecorino or hard Cheddar.
- Almond flour - using almond flour will help bind everything together and absorb any extra moisture.
- Olive oil - we'll use olive oil to fry our healthy zucchini fritters.
How To Make Low Carb Zucchini Fritters
To get started, take a mixing bowl and line it with paper towels. Grate the zucchini into the mixing bowl with a cheese grater and lightly season with sea salt.
Transfer the grated zucchini into a tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Return the zucchini to the mixing bowl and add the hard cheese of your choice, almond flour, a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Set aside and let it rest for a few minutes so that the almond flour soaks up any remaining moisture.
Take a frying pan and heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add dollops of the zucchini mixture to make the fritters.
Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Optionally top with mayonnaise and chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or dill. Enjoy!
In the fridge: you can store any leftover low carb zucchini fritters in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they'll keep for up to 5 days. Make sure you let them cool down first.
In the freezer: for more long term storage you can freeze these keto zucchini fritters and they'll keep for up to 2 months. Use a freezer-safe container or bag and stack the fritters in between pieces of baking paper.
To reheat: leave the fritters out to thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for around 30 minutes. You can quickly reheat them in the microwave. If you want a more crispy texture to your fritters, place them in the oven and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for around 10 minutes until warm.
More Appetizers and Sides
Looking for more low carb appetizers and sides? Try some of our favorites:
- Tuna Cucumber Cups
- Baked Chorizo Chips with Cream Cheese Dip
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Sliders
Keto Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 2 medium Zucchinis
- 2 medium Eggs
- 5 tablespoon Parmesan, Pecorino or Hard Cheddar grated
- 3 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
Optional Ingredients to Garnish
- Parsley freshly chopped
- Line a mixing bowl with paper towels and grate the zucchini with a cheese grater. Lightly season with salt.
- Transfer the grated zucchini into a tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Return to the bowl and add the hard cheese, almond flour, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Set aside for a couple of minutes so that the almond flour will soak up any remaining moisture.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add dollops of the zucchini mixture to make the fritters.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and serve hot, topped with mayonnaise and chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or dill.