Salmon coconut curry bursting with a rich and creamy flavor! Made in one pot and ready in just 15 minutes, it's a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Table of Contents
Salmon has never been so delicious!
Sometimes all you need is a quick, one pot meal to save the day. And this low carb 15 minute salmon coconut curry has all the boxes ticked.
Bursting with flavor, rich and filling, it comes together with 5 minutes prep and 10 minutes cooking. You only need one pot making clean up easy and stress free.
We fry all the spices in butter before adding anything else to the pan, to extract all the flavors. This makes it so we don’t have to simmer the curry for hours to get to the desired intensity of flavors.
Why You'll Love Coconut Salmon Curry
- Easy to make and clean up
- Ready in just 15 minutes
- Rich, creamy, filling and flavorful
- Only 6.5 grams of net carbs!!
Coconut Curry Salmon Ingredients
To make this salmon curry recipe you'll only need 12 easy ingredients:
Salmon fillets - fresh salmon fillets roughly chopped into cubes.
Coconut cream - adds that perfect creamy coconut-y flavor.
Heavy cream - to mix with the coconut cream.
Zucchini - cut into thin strips.
Onion - roughly chopped up.
Garlic - a few cloves of minced garlic.
Butter or ghee - used to fry all the spices and extract their flavors.
Curry powder - just a little curry powder is all you need for this dish.
Coriander - ground coriander goes perfect in warming curries.
Turmeric - gives the curry a yellow color and adds a subtle earthy flavor.
Salt - just a pinch.
Paprika - adds a sweet and peppery taste.
Chili flakes - to give the curry a little kick.
How To Make Keto Curry Salmon
To get started, heat the butter or ghee in a deep pan or wok over a medium high heat. Add the curry powder, coriander, turmeric, salt, paprika and chili flakes. Mix and cook for a few seconds to release all the flavors.
Next add the salmon chunks, zucchini and onion to the pan and gently stir everything together until coated with the spice paste.
Add the minced garlic and stir.
Pour over the coconut cream and heavy cream and bring everything to a gentle simmer over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Serve the curried salmon hot and enjoy!
In the fridge: any leftover salmon curry can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 3 days.
In the freezer: this recipe is great for meal prep if you'd like to freeze it where it will keep for up to 2 months. Let the salmon curry cool to room temperature and then place portions in freezer safe containers and place them in the freezer. When you're ready to eat it, place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw and then reheat it in a pan over medium heat or in the microwave.
More Easy Keto Dinners
If you love easy dinners like this salmon with coconut curry, be sure to try these recipes:
- One-Pot Garlic Butter Chicken
- One-Pot Easy Balsamic Chicken
- Pan Seared Salmon with Goat Cheese
- Baked Salmon and Green Beans
Salmon Coconut Curry Recipe
- 7 oz Salmon Fillets roughly chopped
- ½ cup Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ cup Zucchini cut into thin strips
- ½ medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- ⅔ teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander ground
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric ground
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Heat the butter or ghee in a deep pan or wok and add the curry powder, coriander, turmeric, salt, paprika and chili flakes. Mix and cook for a few seconds to release the flavors.
- Add the salmon chunks, zucchini and onion to the pan and stir gently to coat with the spice paste.
- Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Pour in the coconut cream and the heavy cream and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.