Make this creamy Keto Pumpkin Bread recipe filled with cream cheese, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a delicious pumpkin flavor. This low-carb pumpkin bread is sure to become a Fall family favorite.
Table of Contents
The ultimate pleasure of the fall season is pumpkin-flavored everything!
From soups and desserts to beverages, we love everything that pumpkin has to offer.
And there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy the fall pumpkin extravaganza if you are on a keto diet.
Especially when there are so many low carb pumpkin recipes to choose from.
Today we are making scrumptious, low carb, and moist pumpkin bread with almond flour. It has a delicious cream cheese filling and all the flavors of pumpkin pie.
It's sure to become a favorite family dessert that you can enjoy time and time again.
Why You'll Love It
- The most delicious and moist pumpkin bread you'll ever have
- Only 10 mins prep, and it's in the oven!
- Classic pumpkin pie flavors with a rich and creamy center
- It makes a great gift for fall and the Holidays
Ingredients You'll Need
To make this delicious low carb pumpkin bread recipe, you'll only need 11 ingredients total.
For the Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin puree - homemade or canned pumpkin puree. If using canned puree, make sure you check the nutritional information to check for added sugars.
- Almond flour - blanched almond flour that is of super-fine grind.
- Eggs - room temperature eggs work best so that your batter isn't clumpy.
- Erythritol - granulated variety or any other sugar-free substitute.
- Butter - melted butter at room temperature.
- Baking powder - to create a light and fluffy texture.
- Spices - you'll need a simple blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream cheese - softened cream cheese at room temperature.
- Egg - another room-temperature egg.
- Vanilla extract - to enhance all the flavors of our bread.
- Erythritol - more granulated Erythritol or sugar-free substitute.
- Almond flour - again, super-fine blanched almond flour.
- Lemon - we'll use the zest of a lemon in the filling.
Is Pumpkin Keto?
But is pumpkin low carb? Yes!
Although pumpkin does contain carbs, it's still easily incorporated into a low-carb diet.
Pumpkin is used in a wide variety of keto recipes, but as with most foods, it's important to watch portion sizes.
A 1-cup serving of pumpkin contains 30 calories with 8 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber.
The total net carbs in the 1 cup serving are just 7 grams, lower than other varieties of squash and other vegetables like potatoes and corn.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened at room temperature to make it easier to mix. You can also microwave it at 10-second intervals to speed this up.
- When adding the cream cheese filling mixture, make sure you keep it in the middle of the batter so that it doesn't seep out the sides.
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
Let's get started! It only takes around 10 minutes of preparation to make the batter and filling for the almond flour pumpkin bread. Follow the steps below:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
Prep the dry ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, Erythritol, and salt.
Add the wet ingredients
Begin whisking with an electric mixer and gradually add the eggs, melted butter, and pumpkin puree.
Prep the batter
Continue to whisk vigorously for 3 to 4 minutes until all the ingredients are well combined into a batter.
Prep the filling
Next, we'll prepare the cream cheese filling.
Whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, egg, almond flour, Erythritol, and lemon zest until you reach a soft, creamy texture.
Pour into loaf pan
It's time to get this delicious sugar-free pumpkin bread in the oven!
Pour half the batter into your 8 by 4-inch loaf pan and add a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top, making sure to leave gaps on the sides.
Reserve a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling to add to the top of the loaf.
Pour over the remaining batter and add several dollops on top using the remaining cream cheese filling.
You can swirl these with a fork and make some pretty designs if you'd like!
Bake the bread
Bake the loaf for around 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) or until firm at the top.
Let it cool
Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to rest until it reaches room temperature before slicing and serving.
You can store any leftover pumpkin bread in a resealable bag at room temperature where it will keep for a couple of days. For any longer than that, keep the bread in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator, where it will keep for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the bread, and I recommend slicing it before freezing. Store the slices in freezer-proof bags or containers, and they'll keep for up to two months.
More Keto Bread Recipes
You might be surprised to know that you don't have to give up bread while following a low carb diet!
We've got a whole range of keto-friendly bread substitutes you can make today.
Keto Pumpkin Bread Recipe
For the Pumpkin Bread
For the Cream Filling
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (1 block/1 cup)
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Erythritol granulated
- 1 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 1 Lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with baking paper.
Start with the Pumpkin Bread
- Start with the bread: In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, Erythritol, and salt. Gradually add the eggs, melted butter, and pumpkin puree while you are whisking with an electric mixer or with a whisk vigorously for 3-4 minutes until well combined.
Make the Cream Filling
- Make the cream filling: Whisk together the cream cheese with the vanilla extract, egg, almond flour, Erythritol, and lemon zest until soft and creamy.
Bake the Creamy Pumpkin Bread
- Pour half the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Top with the remaining batter and add a few dollops of the remaining cream filling on top. Swirl with a fork to make designs (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm at the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to reach room temperature before slicing and serving.