This keto hot buttered rum recipe is the ultimate hot buttered rum drink. It’s got a little bit of everything: rum, butter, and some extra spice to make it sing! Best of all? It only has 0.2 grams of net carbs so it's completely guilt-free!
Table of Contents
A keto hot buttered rum is our definition of heaven in a mug.
Rum takes a festive turn with cinnamon and nutmeg and the butter adds a wonderful depth, plus essential fats to keep you in ketosis.
Great for entertaining in winter or for a cozy night in when you feel like treating yourself to something special, with minimal effort.
Why You'll Love It
- 0.2 grams of net carbs (yes, you read that right!)
- Loaded with healthy fats
- Cozy and comforting
Ingredients You'll Need
Hot buttered rum is a popular drink that many people enjoy during the holidays.
This recipe combines the flavors of rum, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter to make a delicious drink. You'll need:
- Whipped cream (optional to garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional to garnish)
How To Make A Low Carb Hot Buttered Rum
- Heat the water. Grab a small saucepan and heat the water.
- Add ingredients and simmer. Add the butter, Erythritol, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt then mix everything together. Bring it to a gentle simmer and then remove it from the heat.
- Finish it off. To finish, add the rum and give everything a final mix. Serve hot and optionally garnish with sugar-free whipped cream and a stick of cinnamon. Enjoy!
More Keto Cocktail Recipes
- Keto Candy Cane Vodka Cocktail
- Keto Eggnog Cocktail
- Keto Classic Margarita
- Keto Cucumber and Gin Cocktail
Keto Hot Buttered Rum Recipe
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Rum
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg ground
- ¼ teaspoon Salt to taste
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
- Heat the water in a small saucepan. Add the butter, Erythritol, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Add the rum and mix.
- Serve hot, optionally garnished with sugar-free whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question