Learn how to make a keto eggnog cocktail that is perfect for the holidays or just an evening party. It's also easy to make and healthy with just 2.4g net carbs!
Table of Contents
A delicious and creamy keto eggnog cocktail recipe that's perfect for the holidays. This low carb drink is made with almond milk, dark rum and heavy cream.
Eggnog is made for winter sipping by the fireplace, right?
When the temperature drops and you need a warming beverage that goes beyond a cup of hot chocolate, this is the recipe to follow.
With only 2.4 grams of net carbs per portion and 20 minutes total prep time, I can’t imagine a better way to spend a cozy night in.
It also tastes amazing as a coffee booster so try adding a few tablespoons to your cup of joe to spice things up.
Why You'll Love An Eggnog Cocktail
- Perfect for the holidays.
- Creamy and comforting.
- Guilt-free with only 2.4 grams of net carbs(!!)
Eggnog Cocktail Ingredients
- Egg yolks
- Almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Dark rum
- Orange zest
- Vanilla extract
How To Make A Keto Eggnog Cocktail
- Heat milk and cream. In a medium sized saucepan add the almond milk and heavy cream and bring them to a gentle simmer. Use a whisk to stop them from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Combine yolks and sweetener. Take a mixing bowl and beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until they're creamy and pale yellow in color. Add the Erythritol and vanilla extract.
- Combine the mixtures. Slowly add the hot milk and cream mixture in a stream to the egg yolks mixture while whisking with the electric mixer.
- Finish off the cocktail. Add the eggnog mixture back to the saucepan and add the orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Return to the heat and pour in the dark rum while whisking to blend everything together.
- Serve. Pour the eggnog cocktail into a mug and serve hot sprinkled with extra cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy!
More Keto-Friendly Cocktails
Keto Eggnog Cocktail Recipe
- 6 Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 1 ½ cups Almond Milk
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Dark Rum
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg ground
- Heat the almond milk and the cream in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, whisking to avoid sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until creamy and pale yellow. Add the Erythritol, and vanilla extract.
- Add the hot milk and cream in a stream, while whisking with the mixer.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg and return to the heat. Pour the dark rum into the mixture and whisk to blend.
- Serve hot sprinkled with extra cinnamon and nutmeg.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.