A Keto Classic Margarita is definitely one of our favorite and easiest low carb cocktails to make. We replaced the sugar with Erythritol and cut down on the carbs but not the flavor!
The salted rim is completely optional, but it adds a nice savory touch that compliments the tequila and is very traditional on a margarita cocktail! Four ingredients and a jar is all you need to recreate this refreshing drink!
Low Carb Margarita Ingredients
This classic margarita recipe is super easy to make and only requires 4 main ingredients! You'll need:
- Lime juice
- Sparkling water
- Salt (optional)
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
How to Make A Keto Classic Margarita
To get started you can optionally salt rim your cocktail glass. Pour the salt into a shallow plate or bowl.
Run a lime wedge around the rim of the cocktail glass and dip the rim into the salt mixture.
Press gently to coat the rim evenly.
Pour the tequila, lime juice and powdered Erythritol into a shaker or mason jar. Optionally fill with crushed ice and then shake well until everything is combined and chilled.
Finally, strain the margarita mixture into the cocktail glass and serve cold, optionally garnished with lime wedges!
If you want more keto tips and delicious, healthy keto-friendly recipes, make sure to follow our Keto Diet board on Pinterest below!
For the Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila preferably gold, aged
- ½ oz Lime Juice fresh
- 2 ½ teaspoon Erythritol powdered
- 2 oz Sparkling Water
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 wedges Lime
- Crushed Ice optional
- To prepare the margarita glass: Pour the salt in a shallow plate or bowl. Run a lime wedge on the rim of the glass and dip the rim into the coarse salt. Press to coat evenly.
- Pour the tequila, lime juice, and Erythritol in a shaker or mason jar. Fill with ice and shake well until well combined and chilled.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass (optionally over crushed ice) and serve cold garnished with a lime wedge.