My elderflower gin cocktail is a refreshing and flavorful twist on the classic gin and tonic! Fresh cucumber, aromatic basil, and sweet sugar-free elderflower syrup make this one of the best keto cocktails ever!
Table of Contents
Everyone NEEDS to know how to make this elderflower gin cocktail! I've been making this cocktail for a long time, and I'm finally sharing this amazing recipe with you. When I'm craving a keto cocktail, my go-to recipes are a classic cosmopolitan, margarita, or this elderflower gin cocktail.
A gin and elderflower cocktail combines the freshness of cucumbers with the aromatic fragrance notes of basil and the sweetness of homemade and sugar-free cucumber elderflower syrup. The lime juice rounds out the flavor, making it a truly magnificent cocktail!
Gin Elderflower Cocktail Ingredients
- Gin - A good quality gin. I used Longdon dry gin.
- Elderflower liqueur - The best-known elderflower liqueur is St. Germain, but it's quite expensive.
- Lime juice
- Basil leaves
- Sparkling water
How To Make Gin And Elderflower Cocktail
- In a small pan, dissolve the Erythritol with half a cup of water. Add the elderflower liqueur and bring it to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the grated cucumber and let it reach room temperature. Strain the elderflower syrup through a sieve and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the basil leaves with the lime juice. Fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the gin and elderflower syrup to the cocktail shaker. Shake until well combined and chilled.
- Pour into glasses with ice and top with sparkling water. Optionally garnish with cucumber slices and basil leaves.
More Keto Cocktails
Elderflower Gin Cocktail
- 4 oz Gin
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- 8-10 leaves Basil plus extra to garnish, optional
- 2 oz Cucumber Elderflower Syrup (see below)
- 2 oz Sparking Water
- Cucumber Slices to garnish, optional
For the Cucumber Elderflower Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol
- 1 Cucumber grated
- ½ cup Water
- ⅓ cup Elderflower Liqueur
To Make the Cucumber Elderflower Syrup
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the Erythritol in the water. Add the elderflower liqueur and bring it to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add the grated cucumber, stir and allow to reach room temperature. Strain through a sieve and set aside.
To Make the Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the basil leaves with the lime juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the gin and cucumber-elderflower syrup and shake well to combine and chill.
- Pour over the ice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and basil leaves.