Keto pumpkin cookies that are soft, chewy and the perfect Halloween treat! Learn how to make healthy low carb pumpkin cookies with a delicious pumpkin flavor.
Table of Contents
Pumpkin spice cookies have been a favorite for Halloween for years. Keto soft pumpkin cookies are great with a warm cup of tea on a cold autumn night.
They are keto friendly cookies and can be enjoyed as part of our keto meal plan.
We also have a wonderful keto chocolate chip cookie recipe
Why You'll Love Easy Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These pumpkin pie cookies with royal icing are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. And, they're not just for Halloween! If you make them year-round, we won’t judge.
You'll have lots of fun making pumpkin pie spice cookies. We loved making them and they brightened up our kitchen.
They're an exciting and healthy treat for kids too, so get your kids involved. They'll LOVE decorating their own cookies and you won't have to worry because they're sugar-free.
The cookies will keep for several days in an airtight container and they also freeze well, so double the recipe and have fun with it.
Our pumpkin spice cookie recipe is made with almond flour and coconut flour. For the full ingredients check out the recipe card below. You'll need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Egg white powder or meringue
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking powder
- Xanthan gum
- Coconut oil
- Sugar-free syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Food coloring
How to Make Pumpkin Keto Cookies
Making the Cookies
Take a mixing bowl and add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Mix everything together until it's well combined.
In another mixing bowl, we'll combine the wet ingredients. Add the egg, coconut oil, sugar-free syrup and vanilla extract. Give them a good stir.
Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix them together. You'll want to keep mixing until you get a lump-free and smooth dough. Cover the bowl and place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
Once your dough is ready, roll it out until it's ¼ inch thick. Here's the fun part! Cut the dough into different shapes using cookie cutters. If you're making these for Halloween you can use all kinds of spooky cookie cutters.
Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake them for around 20 minutes until slightly golden brown. Allow them to cool to room temperature while you work on the icing.
Making the Icing
In a mixing bowl combine the Erythritol, egg white powder (or meringue) and xanthan gum with 4 tablespoons of water. Mix everything together well.
If you're using a bunch of different colors, divide the icing into different bowls. Add the food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
Once the pumpkin spice keto cookies reach room temperature decorate them with the different color icings.
How to Decorate Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
You can have fun with this step! Add sugar-free chocolate chips for the eyes and use the different colored icings to create other features.
Keto Pumpkin Cookies Nutrition
This keto cookie recipe makes 12 servings and the full nutritional information is in the recipe card below. Here are the main points for each cookie:
- 145 total calories
- 6.1 grams of fat
- 4.1 grams of protein
- 1.4 grams of fiber
- 3.6 grams of net carbs
More Keto Cookie Recipes
If you love this keto pumpkin cookies recipe be sure to try some of these:
- Keto Snowball Cookies
- Keto Coconut Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
For the Cookies
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Sweetener sugar-free
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Icing
- 1 cup Erythritol powdered
- 1 ½ tablespoon Egg White Powder alternatively substitute for the same amount of meringue
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 4 tablespoon Water
- Orange, Green, Black/Brown Food Coloring optional
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients and give them a good stir as well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients mixing well to get a lump-free, smooth dough.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 275°F, and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out until about ¼ inch thick and cut into various shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely while you work on the icing:
- Combine the powdered Erythritol with the egg white powder (or meringue), xanthan gum, and 4 tablespoons water and mix well.
- If you are using coloring divide the icing into different bowls and add the food coloring.
- Decorate the cookies with the icing and serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question