Keto Doritos are crispy, crunchy, easy to make, and surprisingly low in carbs! Customize the flavor with your favorite seasonings, whip up a tasty keto-friendly dip, and have a healthy and delicious snack!
Table of Contents
These Keto Doritos are perfect for a quick snack on the go and easy to pack in a lunchbox. Just like our tortilla chips, these low carb Doritos are perfectly matched with our French onion dip or easy guacamole.
So, now is the time to make this recipe, your favorite dip, put a movie on, and relax!
Why You'll Love Low Carb Doritos
- Only 1.9 grams of net carbs per serving!!
- The perfect alternative to regular Doritos or chips
- Satisfying snack with any low-carb dip
Ingredients You'll Need
You'll only need 8 ingredients to make these healthy chips. Add your own personal touch by dusting them with your favorite seasonings!
- Almond flour - use very fine and blanched almond flour for the best chip texture.
- Sunflower oil - perfect for frying the low carb chips because of its mild flavor.
- Xanthan gum - is used to hold the dough together so we can roll it out and fry it.
- Protein powder - a key ingredient to make the chips crunchy and crispy. It has to be an unflavored variety; otherwise, your chips taste strange. I recommend using Isopure Unflavored Whey Isolate Protein Powder.
- Seasonings - a combination of powdered ranch seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt is what this recipe uses. Add your own favorite spice blends for a different flavor.
How To Make Keto Chips
Combine dry ingredients
To get started, mix the almond flour with the xanthan gum, unflavored protein powder, and a pinch of sea salt.
Make the dough
Gradually add the hot water to a stream while mixing to great a dough. Dust your hands with almond flour and knead the dough into a ball.
Roll out the dough
Place the Doritos dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll it out into a thin sheet of dough using a rolling pin or tall glass. If the dough is too sticky, lightly dust the baking paper with almond flour to stop it from sticking.
Cut into triangle shapes
Cut the dough into bite-sized Dorito-shaped triangles and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
Fry in sunflower oil
Next, heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and fry the chips in batches in a single layer for a few seconds on each side. Set the cooked chips aside while you fry all of them.
Prepare the seasoning
Take another mixing bowl and combine your seasonings. Mix the powdered ranch, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt until well combined.
Season the keto chips
Throw the cooked keto Doritos into the seasoning mix and mix them all until well-coated. Serve and enjoy!
On the off-chance that you have leftover chips, you can store them in an airtight container (to keep them crispy) at room temperature. They'll keep for 3 to 5 days this way.
More Keto Snacks
Looking for more low carb snacks for any occasion? Try the recipes below:
- Baked Chorizo Chips with Cream Cheese Dip
- Crispy Baked Halloumi Fries
- 4 Seed Crispy Keto Crackers
- Crispy Parmesan Spinach Crackers
Keto Doritos Recipe
- ⅔ cup Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoon Hot Water
- 3 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon Unflavored Protein Powder (e.g. Isopure Unflavored Whey Isolate Protein Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Sea Salt to taste
- Combine the almond flour with the xanthan gum, unflavored protein powder, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the hot water while mixing to create a dough. Knead and shape into a ball, dusting your hands with almond flour.
- Place in between two sheets of baking paper and roll out using a rolling pin or a tall glass to get a thin sheet of dough. If the dough is too sticky, lightly dust the baking paper with almond flour.
- Cut the dough into bite-sized Dorito-shaped triangles and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high and fry the triangles chips in a single layer for a few seconds.
- Remove and set aside until all the pieces are cooked.
- Combine all the spices and a pinch of sea salt to taste in a mixing bowl, add the Doritos and mix to coat well.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.