Everyone loves good guacamole! My easy keto guacamole recipe is enriched with sour cream and olive oil for a creamier texture plus an extra dose of healthy fats.
Table of Contents
It’s the perfect dip or side loaded with fresh herbs and spices, it has the right amount of tartness and due to its creamy texture, it doubles as a sandwich spread or salad dressing.
If you like your guacamole chunky, leave a few avocado cubes out and mash the rest.
Pop them back into the guacamole while you are mixing the rest of the ingredients in and Bon appetite!
Why You'll Love It
- Each serving has just 2.7g net carbs!!
- Delicious creamy texture
- The BEST low carb dip with keto chips or veggies
Ingredients You'll Need
Made with 10 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper), this avocado guacamole couldn't be easier!
- Sour cream
- Red onion
- Green pepper/jalapeno
- Olive oil
How To Make It
Scoop out the flesh of the avocados with a spoon and put it into a mixing bowl.
Mash the avocado with the back of a fork and then add the sour cream, olive oil and lime juice. Mix everything together well.
Prepare the veggies. Dice the tomato and onion, mince the garlic, and chop the green pepper/jalapeno and cilantro. Combine everything together with the avocado mixture.
Season the guacamole with salt, black pepper, cumin and any of your favorite spices and seasonings. Enjoy!
To store your low carb guacamole here's a few tips (especially to keep it from going brown!)
- Use a spoon to flatten the guacamole down so that it has an even surface.
- Pour over a very thin layer of water or lime/lemon juice so that there is a barrier between the guacamole and the air.
- Cover with plastic wrap and push down the wrap so that it is touching the guacamole. Make sure to try and avoid any air pockets between the guac and plastic wrap.
- Pop it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It will keep for up to up to 4 days.
Here are some more of my favorite homemade dips and spreads!
Easy Avocado Keto Guacamole Recipe
- 4 large Avocados ripe
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 small Tomato
- ½ medium Red Onion
- ½ Lime juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ Green Pepper or Jalapeno
- ¼ cup Cilantro fresh
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ⅔ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Scoop the flesh of the avocados using a spoon and mash in a mixing bowl with the back of a fork.
- Add the sour cream, olive oil and lime juice and mix well.
- Dice the tomato and onion. Mince the garlic, chop the green/jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Mix with the mashed avocado.
- Season with salt, cumin and black pepper and serve at room temperature.