With only 3 grams of net carbs, this Keto French Onion Dip is one of those must-haves in your recipe repertoire.
Long known as your keto cracker’s best friend, this recipe goes well beyond the typical ‘chips and dip’ concept.
You can use it as a sandwich spread, salad dressing, soup and stew booster and even serve it with grilled meat and poultry.
Table of Contents
Low Carb French Onion Dip Ingredients
A simple and delicious keto french onion dip only requires several easy ingredients! You'll need:
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Red onion
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How To Make Keto French Onion Dip
To get started, heat the butter in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and then lower the heat and keep cooking for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Set the onions aside.
Next, in a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Gently fold in the cooked onions, parsley and chives then season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Pop the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes until cold and then it's ready to enjoy!
You can keep this dip for up to one week refrigerated in an air-tight jar.
Keto French Onion Dip
- 1 ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 2 oz Cream Cheese full-fat
- ½ small Red Onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Semi-Coarse Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors.
- Lower the heat and keep cooking for 5 minutes, until golden brown and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with the sour cream. Fold in the onions, parsley and chives. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set and serve cold or store in an airtight jar for up to a week.