My healthy garlic butter chicken breast recipe is made with chicken breasts cooked in a rich and fragrant garlic butter sauce. Ready in just 15 minutes with only 1 gram of net carbs!
Table of Contents
Easy Garlic Butter Chicken Breast Recipe
Glorious in its simplicity, this one-pan chicken recipe is full of amazing flavors and easy cleanup. A quick and healthy dinner that is low carb and keto friendly.
Nothing beats a flavor-infused chicken recipe when you want to get dinner on the table without any hassles. Easy keto chicken breast recipes are one of my go-to choices when I want something healthy, low carb, and, most importantly, FAST on a busy weeknight.
This one-pan garlic butter chicken breast recipe will become one of your favorites with just 5 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking. The chicken breasts are sautéed in olive oil first to get a crispy and golden-brown exterior. Then the sauce is enriched with a generous dose of butter flavored with garlic and spices.
You can easily adjust the spices, so you never get bored of the flavor - so versatile! It is perfect for pairing with cauliflower rice, roast vegetables, fresh greens, or low carb pasta if you're following keto.
You can also serve it with a side of vegetables and pasta for those not following a low carb diet. It takes the guesswork out of cooking delicious keto meals for the entire family.
Looking for more keto chicken recipes? Try our baked chicken with yogurt and lime or chicken patties with spicy fried cabbage!
Why You'll Love Garlic Butter Chicken
- Full of amazing flavors
- Made in one pan for easy cleanup
- Great for meal prep
- Simple to make with just 9 ingredients
- Only 1.1 grams of net carbs(!!)
To make this recipe, you'll only need nine ingredients.
- Chicken breasts - try to use fresh free-range skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Chicken broth - make sure you use chicken broth, not chicken stock. It contains fewer carbs making it more keto-friendly. Remember always to check the nutrition label when buying store-bought varieties.
- Butter - the butter is the secret to the sauce in this recipe. It adds A LOT of extra flavor to the chicken. Try to use grass-fed butter, and although we highly recommend using it in this recipe, you can always substitute it with light olive oil.
- Garlic - Garlic is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen. Whether adding it to a sauce or using it as a breading, garlic has many uses. This recipe shows how to add so much extra flavor to your chicken with this simple combination of butter, garlic, and herbs. Make sure you use fresh garlic for the best flavor.
- Olive oil - pairs so well with almost all keto recipes with several health benefits.
- Parsley - we used plenty of fresh parsley to garnish the chicken breasts. You can also use fresh cilantro, dill, and any of your favorite fresh herbs.
- Seasonings - we used chicken seasoning (poultry seasoning), salt, and black pepper. These are completely up to you. Feel free to use any of your favorite seasonings. Italian seasoning also works great as a substitute for poultry seasoning and contains many similar herbs.
How To Make Garlic Butter Chicken
Heat the olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sauté for 5 minutes on each side until they're golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Next, we'll make the garlic butter sauce for the chicken. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth over high heat. Add the butter to the pan over medium-high heat and mix it until melted.
Add the garlic and seasonings and continue to cook for a few seconds while mixing until golden and fragrant. Turn the heat off, and with the pan still on the stove, return the chicken to the pan. Use a spoon to cover the chicken with the sauce to infuse the flavors.
Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or coriander and your favorite low carb sides.
A simple side of steamed vegetables or fresh greens goes perfectly well with this recipe. If you feel like serving it with something extra special, we love this chicken with our loaded cauliflower mash or crispy green bean fries!
- In the fridge: any leftover chicken breasts can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Make sure they're covered well or stored in an air-tight container.
- In the freezer: you can also store these chicken breasts for up to four months. Ensure they've cooled to room temperature and stored in a freezer-proof bag or container.
Easy Meal Prep Tips
One-pan chicken dishes are a great way to cook up a big batch of meals in one fell swoop. This recipe for garlic butter chicken is easy to prepare and tastes great with a side of steamed broccoli.
Make a batch of chicken today and freeze them in freezer-proof containers with a portion of broccoli or other steamed vegetable. Toss them in the microwave for a few minutes as an easy on-the-go lunch or dinner when you don't have time to cook!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Skewers with Chermoula Sauce
- Roast Chicken with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese
- One-Pan Easy Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken Meatballs with Zoodles
Garlic Butter Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 5 tablespoon Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon Parsley or Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Seasoning or a spice blend of your choice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side until the exterior turns golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth over high heat. Add the butter to the pan and mix it until it melts over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and seasonings and continue to cook for a few seconds until slightly golden and fragrant. Turn the heat off, and with the pan still on the stove, return the chicken to the pan. Use a spoon to cover the chicken breasts with the sauce to infuse the flavors.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley and chosen side dishes.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question