Learn how to make this cauliflower mash keto recipe that is loaded with cauliflower, cheese, and bacon. It's creamy, cheesy, totally delicious and low carb!
Table of Contents
Bursting with the flavors of the season, this loaded cauliflower mash keto recipe is the perfect side dish to accompany any dinner!
Best Keto Mashed Cauliflower
Creamy, textural, buttery, and enriched with a mix of three different types of cheese, this mashed cauliflower side dish combines all the wonderful warm flavors of the season in one bowl.
It's the perfect alternative to classic potato mash with a similar texture and taste but without the carbs.
Mashed Cauliflower Ingredients
To make this loaded cauliflower mash, you'll need the following:
- Sour cream
- Cheese (we used gouda, parmesan and cheddar)
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How To Make Keto Cauliflower Mash
To get started, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and boil it for around 20 minutes until tender. Strain the cauliflower and squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
Take a blender or food processor and process the strained cauliflower until fluffy. Next, add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream, then process again until it reaches a creamy texture.
Now, take your grated cheese and fold it into the mixture. We used gouda, parmesan, and cheddar, but feel free to use your favorites. Once the cheese is incorporated, season it to taste with salt and pepper.
Top the cauliflower mash with chopped green onions, crispy bacon pieces, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve hot!
This loaded cauliflower mash keto recipe makes 4 servings. Each bowl contains:
- 323 calories
- 29 grams of fat
- 11.7 grams of protein
- 1.5 grams of fiber
- A total of 5 grams of net carbs
Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 1 head Cauliflower
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Mixed Cheese we used grated gouda, parmesan and cheddar
- 2 slices Bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 sprigs Green Onions chopped
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the cauliflower for about 20 minutes until tender. Strain and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Process the cauliflower with a blender or food processor until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until creamy.
- Fold in the gouda, cheddar, and parmesan cheese and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the cauliflower mash with the chopped green onions and bacon crumbles.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve hot.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.