These crispy and crunchy keto baked green bean fries are quite a versatile dish that pairs well with just about any dip.
Not to mention they're so easy to make! They're ready to enjoy in just under 30 minutes.
Green beans, coated in a generous amount of parmesan-almond flour crust to seal in the flavors and baked to perfection in the oven.
You can have them as a delicious snack or incorporate them in salads, wraps or serve them as a delicious low carb side dish.
Table of Contents
Healthy Green Bean Fries
These green bean fries are a healthy substitute for traditional fries. They're low in carbohydrates and are oven-baked instead of deep-fried.
How many net carbs are in green bean fries? Each cup serving only contains 4.2 grams of net carbs.
What are some benefits of green beans? They're an awesome source of fiber and are nutrient-dense vegetables. As well as being high in both vitamin K and vitamin C, green beans are the perfect healthy addition to your diet.
Ingredients You'll Need
Our baked green bean fries are simple to make and you most likely have all these ingredients in your kitchen. You'll need:
- Green beans
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder (or mixed spices)
- Black pepper
How to Make Green Bean Fries
To get started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Next, whisk together the egg and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Grab another bowl and combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder (or mixed spices) and black pepper.
Time to coat the beans! Dip each green bean in the egg mixture first, then roll them in the cheese mixture making sure to coat them evenly.
Now, transfer the beans to the baking tray leaving space between each one. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the beans and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve these baked green bean fries hot from the oven with your favorite low carb dip!
Tips for the Perfect Crispy Fries
- Make sure you rinse the green beans and cut the ends off with a sharp knife then pat them dry.
- You can use a fork to dip each green bean in the egg mixture and to coat it with the parmesan mixture.
- Place the coated green beans in a single layer with plenty of space between each bean to make sure they come out nice and crispy.
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do and be warned they're totally addictive!
What are some other ways to enjoy Green Beans?
Check out our cheesy oven-roasted green beans that are coated with a creamy garlic sauce and topped with crispy golden parmesan and mozzarella. Another mouth-watering side you'll be sure to love.
Baked Green Bean Fries
- 1 lb Green Beans if frozen, defrosted
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Mixed Spices
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg with the Greek yogurt in a bowl. In another bowl combine the almond flour with the parmesan cheese, garlic powder/mixed spices and black pepper.
- Dip the green beans in the egg mixture first, then roll in the almond flour-parmesan mixture, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
- Place the green beans in a single layer on the baking tray making sure to leave space between each bean.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot straight from the oven.