Garlic lovers rejoice. This soul-warming Roast Chicken with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese recipe is so easy to put together yet provides a wonderful mix of bold flavors, creamy textures, lots of fiber, protein and healthy fats.
If you are not a big fan of parsley you can use chives or dill instead, for your flavored cream cheese, and of course, you can add your favorite spices and double the recipe to have a delicious spread or dip ready for the next day.
All I can say is yum!
Roast Chicken with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese
For this delicious keto dinner recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
For the chicken:
- Chicken legs
- Oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper
For the garlic cheese:
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil
How to Make Roast Chicken with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take your chicken legs and place them in a baking pan and coat them with melted butter. Season them with a pinch of salt and black pepper then roast for 30 minutes.
Remove the chicken legs from the oven and sprinkle over the oregano and thyme. Toss the chicken so that it is well coated in the juices and herbs.
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the broccoli florets for 5-7 minutes until tender.
To make the garlic cheese, grab a bowl and fold the olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt into the cream cheese.
Serve the chicken legs with a side of broccoli and generous dollops of garlic cream cheese! Each serving is 1 chicken leg, 1 cup of broccoli and 2 scoops of cream cheese. Enjoy!
For the Chicken
- 1 lbs Chicken Legs
- 1 1/4 lbs Broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Thyme dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
For the Garlic Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese full-fat
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken legs in a baking pan and coat with the melted butter. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the oregano and thyme to the juices in the pan. Toss to coat the chicken again.
- Return to the oven, adding a bit of water if needed and roast for 10-15 more minutes.
- In the meantime bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli florets for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Make the garlic cheese by folding the olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt into the cream cheese.
- Serve the chicken legs with a side of broccoli and dollops of garlic cream cheese.