Enjoy a comforting low-carb dinner with our delicious Chicken Bacon Soup. This hearty keto soup is packed with tender chicken, crispy bacon, and delicious flavors.
Table of Contents
A hearty low carb keto dinner in a bowl! Filling and comforting, bursting with flavor, this creamy chicken bacon soup is the ultimate soul-warming meal year-round.
The preparation is super simple and easy, so you don’t have to spend much time in the kitchen. The crispy bacon bits add a punch of flavor, texture, and saltiness to the creamy soup.
Chicken Bacon Soup Ingredients
- Chicken - Free-range skinless and boneless chicken breasts. You can also use chicken thighs, fillets, or leg meat for this soup.
- Broth - Preferably chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Bacon - Bacon strips or slices that are diced into small pieces.
- Heavy cream - At room temperature.
- Cream cheese - At room temperature.
- Butter - To sauté the garlic.
- Olive oil - To drizzle over the soup.
- Garlic - Fresh minced garlic or from a jar.
- Seasonings - A simple combination of salt and freshly ground black pepper, with fresh dill to garnish.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Bacon Soup
- Prepare the chicken. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the chicken breasts for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water, shred the chicken using a fork, and set aside.
- Prepare the bacon. Heat a dry pan and crisp the diced bacon strips for a few minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside
- Prepare the soup. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the minced garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chicken broth and heavy cream, then turn the heat to high and simmer for one minute.
- Cook the soup. Stir the cream cheese into the soup until melted. Add half of the shredded chicken and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend the soup. Use an immersion or handheld blender to process the soup until it's thick and creamy. Add the remaining shredded chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup. Transfer the soup to bowls and serve topped with crispy bacon bits, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh dill.
How To Store Chicken Bacon Soup
It's important to properly store chicken bacon soup in the fridge to prevent the growth of bacteria and ensure food safety. Always make sure to reheat the soup to a safe temperature before eating.
- In the fridge: Let the chicken bacon soup cool to room temperature before storing it. Transfer the soup to an airtight container with a lid. Place the container in the coldest part of the refrigerator, typically the back or bottom shelf. Store the soup in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Chicken Bacon Soup?
Yes! Freezing chicken bacon soup is a great way to save leftovers or make a large batch for later. Just be sure to thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it on the stove or microwave to a safe temperature.
- To freeze: Let the soup cool to room temperature before storing it. Transfer the soup to an airtight container or freezer-safe plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air from the bag or container to prevent freezer burn. Place the container or bag in the freezer, laying it flat if using a bag to save space. Store the soup in the freezer for up to 4 months.
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Roasted Red Pepper Gouda Soup
- Tomato Cabbage Soup
- Keto Mushroom Soup
- Keto Vegetable Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
Keto Chicken Bacon Soup Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Chicken Broth low sodium
- 6 strips Bacon diced
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ cups Cream Cheese full fat
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Fresh Dill optional to garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes. Drain, shred, and set aside.
- Heat a dry pan and crisp the bacon for a minute. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds over medium heat until fragrant. Add the broth and heavy cream, turn the heat to high and allow to simmer for a minute.
- Add the cream cheese and stir to melt into the soup.
- Add half the shredded chicken, simmer for 10 minutes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, process the soup until creamy and thick.
- Add the remaining chicken and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with crispy bacon bits, drizzled with olive oil, and garnished with fresh dill.