My amazing keto broccoli cheddar soup recipe is ready in just 30 minutes. It's thick, creamy, and packed with so much flavor! Perfect for the whole family, nobody will believe this broccoli cheddar soup is low carb.
Table of Contents
This will become your favorite of all the keto broccoli cheese soup recipes. Nothing beats a creamy soup on a cold day.
It's soothing, comforting, and easy to make in just 30 minutes. Full of textures and thicker than a traditional soup, this soup hits the spot for lunch or dinner.
But is broccoli cheddar soup keto? Yes! It can easily be enjoyed as a meal on its own with only 4.7 net carbs per bowl.
It’s highly customizable with your favorite spices and herbs so that you can enjoy a different version every time you serve it. This keto broccoli cheddar soup is so flavorful it's a huge hit with non-keto dieters as well!
Why You'll Love This Soup
- 4.7g net carbs in each bowl
- Soothing, comforting, and easy to make
- Easily made vegetarian using vegetable broth
Easy Keto Cheddar Broccoli Soup
This simple low-carb broccoli is one of the easiest recipes you'll find. It's super versatile and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. It's also gluten-free and packed with healthy ingredients.
If you find yourself looking for a quick meal to throw together on a busy night, it's an excellent choice. It's the perfect starter that you can throw together in just thirty minutes.
Ingredients You'll Need
You'll only need seven key ingredients that you most likely have at home right now! That's right - all you'll need is:
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
How To Make It
Heat the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven and sauté the carrot and broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes—season with paprika and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Pour in the chicken stock and turmeric and bring to a gentle simmer. While the soup is simmering, add the cheddar cheese and cream cheese gradually while constantly stirring to melt the cheese into the soup. By constantly stirring, you will help to thicken the soup. Season to taste.
- In the fridge: Store your leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 1 week.
- In the freezer: This soup is great for meal prepping when made in large batches. Store individual servings in freezer-safe sealable containers and freeze. They'll keep for up to 6 months. When ready to eat, let them thaw at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: Reheat the thawed soup in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals until hot. You can also reheat the soup in a saucepan or pot over medium heat.
More Soup Recipes
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 4 cups Chicken Broth or vegetable broth (vegetarian)
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 head Broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 small Carrot chopped
- 4 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pan or Dutch oven. Sauté the carrots with the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, seasoning with paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and turmeric and bring to a gentle simmer.
- While the chowder is simmering, add the cheddar and the cream cheese gradually while stirring vigorously to melt into the chowder. Season to taste, divide into serving bowls, and serve hot.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
What is the portion size
The recipe makes 6 servings of broccoli cheese soup and the nutritional information is based on that. Enjoy.
I have been looking for cheddar broccoli soup on Keto that was simple, easy, and delicious. This recipe checks all the boxes.
This is absolutely delicious! Yum, yum the perfect cold afternoon treat. Will never be able to eat the canned variety again!! Thanks!!!
Why isn't there a measurement for the paprika & turmeric in the recipe?
The measurements are in the recipe card along with all the other ingredients. 1 teaspoon of both paprika and turmeric.
Hope that helps!
Can this be cooked in soup maker?