Of all the keto broccoli cheese soup recipes out there, this will become your favorite. Nothing beats a creamy soup on a cold day.
It's soothing, comforting and easy to make in just 30 minutes. Full of textures and thicker than a traditional soup, this soup hits the spot for lunch or dinner.
But is broccoli cheddar soup keto? Yes! It can easily be enjoyed as a meal on its own with only 5.1 net carbs per bowl.
It’s highly customizable with your favorite spices and herbs so that you can enjoy a different version every time you serve it. This keto broccoli cheddar soup is so flavorful it's a huge hit with non-keto dieters as well!
Easy Keto Cheddar Broccoli Soup
This simple low-carb broccoli is one of the easiest recipes you'll find. It's super versatile and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. It's also gluten-free and packed with healthy ingredients.
If you find yourself looking for a quick meal to throw together on a busy night it's an excellent choice. It's the perfect starter that you can throw together in just thirty minutes.
You'll only need seven key ingredients that you most likely have at home right now! That's right - all you'll need is:
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
How To Make Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Heat the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven and sauté the carrot and broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes. Season with paprika and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Pour in the chicken stock and turmeric and bring to a gentle simmer. While the soup is simmering add the cheddar cheese and cream cheese gradually while stirring constantly to melt the cheese into the soup. By constantly stirring you will help to thicken the soup. Season to taste.
If you want more keto tips and delicious, healthy keto-friendly recipes, make sure to follow our Keto Diet board on Pinterest below!
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 head Broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large Carrot chopped
- 4 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pan or Dutch oven. Sauté the carrots with the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, seasoning with paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and turmeric and bring to a gentle simmer.
- While the chowder is simmering, add the cheddar and the cream cheese gradually while stirring vigorously to melt into the chowder. Season to taste, divide into serving bowls and serve hot.