Learn how to make keto egg drop soup in less than 15 minutes and with just 5 simple ingredients. Light, comforting, and textural with under 1g net carbs per bowl!
Table of Contents
Salty, light, simple, and textural: This easy-to-make keto egg drop soup recipe hits all the spots.
Ready in 15 minutes or less and with only 0.7g of net carbs per bowl, it will become your go-to Asian soup when you need something quick, flavorful, and full of flavor and protein!
Why You'll Love It
- Only 0.7 grams of net carbs!!
- Ready in 15 minutes or less
- Quick and easy go-to Asian soup you'll love
- Made with just 5 simple ingredients
Egg Drop Soup Ingredients
You'll only need 5 simple ingredients to make this delicious low carb egg drop soup.
- Broth - you can use chicken or beef broth for this recipe. If you're using store-bought, ensure you check the carb content.
- Eggs - whisked free-range eggs that you'll add gradually to the soup.
- Green onion - fresh green onion chopped to serve.
- Liquid aminos - we used liquid coconut aminos.
- Ginger - freshly ground ginger or from a jar will work fine.
How To Make Keto Egg Drop Soup
Simply follow the three easy steps below, and you'll have a comforting low carb egg drop soup ready to enjoy in 15 minutes or less!
In a medium-sized saucepan or wok, combine the chicken or beef broth with the liquid aminos and ground ginger. Bring everything to a boil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Reduce to low heat, and gradually add the whisked eggs while continually stirring.
Simmer for 5 minutes and then pour into bowls and top with chopped green onions.
Keto egg drop soup is best has the best texture when served fresh. You can refrigerate it, but I recommend not adding the egg until you reheat the soup.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Looking for more low carb soups to enjoy on your keto diet? Try some of our favorites below:
Keto Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- 4 cups Chicken or Beef Broth preferably low sodium
- 4 medium Eggs whisked
- ¼ cup Green Onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon Liquid Aminos (e.g. BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Aminos)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan or wok, combine the chicken/beef broth with the coconut aminos and ground ginger. Bring to a boil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the whisked eggs while constantly stirring to incorporate them into the soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot, topped with chopped green onions.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.