Learn how to make keto egg drop soup in less than 15 minutes and with just 5 simple ingredients. Light, comforting and textural with under 1g net carbs per bowl!
Table of Contents
Salty, light, simple and textural: This easy to make, keto egg drop soup recipe hits all the spots.
Ready in 15 minutes or less and with only 0.7g of net cabs per bowl, it will become your go-to Asian soup when you need something quick, flavorful and full of flavor and protein!
Why You'll Love Egg Drop Soup
- Only 0.7 grams of net carbs!!
- Ready in 15 minutes or less
- Quick and easy go-to Asian soup you'll love
Egg Drop Soup Ingredients
You'll only need 5 simple ingredients to make this delicious low carb egg drop soup.
- Broth - you can use a chicken or beef broth for this recipe. Make sure if you're using store bought that you check the carb content.
- Eggs - whisked free range eggs that you'll add gradually to the soup.
- Green onion - fresh green onion chopped to serve.
- Liquid aminos - we used liquid coconut aminos.
- Ginger - freshly ground ginger or from a jar will work fine.
How To Make Keto Egg Drop Soup
Simply follow the three easy steps below and you'll have a comforting low carb egg drop soup ready to enjoy in 15 minutes or less!
In a medium-sized saucepan or wok, combine the chicken or beef broth with the liquid aminos and ground ginger. Bring everything to a boil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Reduce to a low heat and while continually stirring, gradually add the whisked eggs.
Simmer for a further 5 minutes and then pour into bowls topped with chopped green onions.
Keto egg drop soup is best has the best texture when served fresh. You can refrigerate it, but I recommend not adding the egg until you re-heat the soup.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Looking for more low carb soups to enjoy on your keto diet? Try some of our favorites below:
- 4 cups Chicken or Beef Broth preferably low sodium
- 4 medium Eggs whisked
- ¼ cup Green Onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon Liquid Aminos (e.g. BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Aminos)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan or wok, combine the chicken/beef broth with the coconut aminos and ground ginger. Bring to a boil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the whisked eggs, while stirring constantly to incorporate to the soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot, topped with chopped green onions.