My best keto vegetable soup recipe is a tried and true favorite! Healthy, flavorful, indulgent, easy and fast to make! Learn how to make low carb vegetable soup in only 25 minutes.
Table of Contents
Pure comfort in a bowl! This keto veggie soup is thick and so indulgent that you will reconsider soups overall.
It's a wonderful low carb veggie soup for fall and winter. A real cold-weather-dream come true!
Made with cauliflower, zucchini and carrot it's high in fiber and rich in nutrients. Only 4.7 grams of net carbs in each bowl, it's gluten-free, vegetarian and easily made vegan.
It’s weeknight friendly as you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes, and it keeps well in the freezer, if you are into meal prepping.
Why You'll Love It
- Each comforting bowl has just 4.7g net carbs
- Ready in just 25 mins in one saucepan
Ingredients You'll Need
To make my low carb vegetarian soup you'll only need 7 key ingredients plus some salt and pepper. Easy!
- Vegetables - you'll need fresh zucchini, carrot and cauliflower for this soup.
- Vegetable oil - to sauté the veggies I used coconut oil. You can substitute for other vegetable oils such as grapeseed oil, peanut oil, canola oil or butter.
- Vegetable broth - make sure you check the nutritional information if using store bought varieties. They often have extra carbs added. You can substitute for chicken or beef broth as well.
- Heavy cream - to make the soup rich and creamy. Substitute for coconut cream to make it vegan.
- Garlic - a couple of cloves of minced garlic or from a jar.
How To Make It
My low carb veggie soup comes together quickly in one pot. Follow the simple steps below:
Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Sauté the zucchini, carrot and cauliflower for 3 to 5 minutes until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and mix everything together.
Gradually add the cream and vegetable broth. Lower to medium-low heat and continue to simmer for around 10 minutes, until the soup has thickened.
Taste and adjust the seasoning, transfer to bowls and serve hot. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Make it vegan keto soup by substituting the heavy cream for coconut cream. The soup will taste just as delicious!
Make it keto vegetable beef soup by using beef stock and adding pieces of cut beef steak.
Make it low carb chicken vegetable soup by using chicken stock and adding cooked chicken.
You can keep leftover keto vegetarian soup in the fridge or freezer. Multiply the ingredients to make a large batch and freeze!
In the fridge: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
In the freezer: Make a big batch of my low carb vegetables soup for meal prepping! Let it cool to room temperature and then pour the soup into freezer safe bags or containers. Freeze them and they'll keep for up to 6 months! When ready to eat let the soup thaw in the fridge overnight.
To reheat: Place the soup in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals until hot. Alternatively, warm it up on the stovetop in a pot.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs in vegetable soup? This soup recipe is super low carb and low in calories! Each bowl has 342 calories with 4.7g net carbs.
More Keto Vegetable Soup Recipes
Keto Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 medium Zucchini diced
- 1 small Carrot diced
- ½ small Cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 cups Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the zucchini with the carrot, and cauliflower for 3-5 minutes, until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and stir.
- Gradually add the cream and broth and simmer for 10 minutes, until the soup thickens. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot.