This keto mushroom soup is extra creamy and topped with sautéed vegetables and crispy bacon bits. Healthy, hearty, and delicious, it's the perfect low carb soup with only 5.2g carbs in each bowl!
Table of Contents
Extra Creamy Keto Mushroom Soup
My keto mushroom soup features oven-roasted garlic, crispy bacon, celery, onion, fresh herbs, and lots of button mushrooms! It will rekindle your love for hearty soups during the colder months.
Oven-roasted garlic is a magical ingredient that turns so juicy, almost sweet, and fragrant in the oven, drizzled with a generous amount of olive oil.
I like to keep the juices from the oven tray and toss them in the saucepan for that extra flavor boost.
You can use coconut cream instead of heavy cream, which will make this low carb mushroom soup more exotic and aromatic.
Why You'll Love It
- Each bowl of mushroom soup has only 5.2 g net carbs
- Incredibly comforting soup for the colder months
- Topped with crispy bacon and perfectly sautéed vegetables
Ingredients You'll Need
My soup is made with simple, healthy, and whole ingredients that you can feel good about eating. Substitute any of the ingredients for what you have available.
- Bacon - crispy bacon that we'll chop up and use to top the soup. You can also use turkey bacon or skip it all together the make the recipe vegetarian.
- Broth - I used chicken broth, but you can substitute it for beef broth or vegetable broth if you want to make it vegetarian.
- Mushrooms - I used white button mushrooms, but you can also use brown mushrooms, mini Portobello mushrooms, or any combination of your favorite mushrooms. The key is to make sure they're fresh!
- Celery - fresh celery stalks add great texture to this soup.
- Onion - I always love to sauté onion with other vegetables in my soups.
- Garlic - a whole head of fresh garlic that will be roasted to perfection in the oven.
- Heavy cream - to give the soup a silky smooth texture and rich flavor.
- Butter - adds extra flavor to our sautéed veggies.
- Olive oil - to drizzle over our garlic and drizzle over the soup to garnish.
- Seasonings, herbs & spices - I used a simple combination of parsley, thyme, salt, and black pepper. As always, add your own favorites!
How To Make It
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prep the garlic to roast. Cut off the top part of the garlic bulb and place it on the baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the garlic in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the butter and sauté the onion with the celery for 3 to 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, parsley, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sautéed veggies to use as garnish.
- Add the chicken stock, cream, and half of the roasted garlic cloves to the saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat so the mixture reaches a gentle simmer, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prep your crispy bacon by frying it in a hot pan while the soup simmers.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into bowls and top with chopped crispy bacon pieces, reserved vegetables, roasted garlic cloves, parsley, and a generous swirl of olive oil.
- In the fridge: Store leftover mushroom soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 4 days—Reheat in the microwave or a pot on the stovetop.
- In the freezer: For longer-term storage, you can store portions of this soup in freezer-proof containers or bags. They will keep for up to 3 months. Let them thaw overnight in the fridge or at room temperature and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Keto Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 head Garlic (8-10 cloves)
- 8 slices Crispy Bacon
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 2 cups White Mushrooms chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Parsley chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried
- ⅔ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut the top part off the bulb of garlic. Place on a piece of baking paper, drizzle generously with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion with the celery for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Toss in the mushrooms, parsley, and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 more minutes. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of that mix to garnish the soup.
- Pour the chicken stock, cream, and half the roasted garlic cloves into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or use a stick blender to process the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with chopped crisped bacon, reserved vegetables, roasted garlic cloves, parsley, and a big swirl of olive oil.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.