Experience a burst of flavors in every spoonful with this delicious Roasted Red Pepper Gouda Soup recipe. Easy to make, comforting, and satisfying, this recipe perfectly balances sweet and savory. Make it today and enjoy a hearty and delicious meal.
Table of Contents
This 10-minute roasted red pepper gouda soup is soul-warming and packed with good-for-you ingredients!
A delicious combination of gouda or ricotta cheese, garlic, heavy cream, and roasted red peppers. It makes the most flavorful, creamy, and satisfying soup without spending hours in the kitchen.
Are Red Peppers Keto?
Yes, red peppers are keto-friendly! They are low in carbs and high in fiber, making them a great addition to a ketogenic diet.
According to USDA, a standard sweet pepper contains 6.16 grams of carbohydrates and 2.16 grams of dietary fiber.
Red peppers are an excellent source of vitamins C, A, and B6. They also contain other vitamins and minerals such as folate, potassium, and manganese. They are also a good source of carotenoids, particularly beta-carotene and lycopene, which are powerful antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Whether you use them in a salad, a stir-fry, or a topping on a keto-friendly pizza, red peppers are a delicious and healthy choice for those following a ketogenic diet.
Red Pepper Gouda Soup Ingredients
To make this roasted red pepper and gouda soup, you'll only need five simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper).
- Chicken broth - This is the base of the soup and is low in calories. It can be substituted for beef or vegetable broth as well. Use homemade broth or store-bought, but check the labels for low-carb content.
- Cheese - This soup can be made using gouda or ricotta cheese. Gouda has a strong, nutty, and slightly sharp flavor with a smooth and creamy texture. Ricotta has a mild, slightly sweet taste and a smooth, creamy texture as well.
- Heavy cream - Adds richness and a smooth texture to the soup.
- Roasted red peppers - They give the soup a naturally sweet and smoky flavor and are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants. You can use store-bought peppers or learn how to make roasted red peppers with my easy recipe. Always check the label for added sugars when using store-bought.
- Garlic - A key ingredient that gives the soup a unique and robust flavor.
How To Make Roasted Red Pepper Gouda Soup
This hearty soup is perfect for a comforting and satisfying meal. The best part is you can make it in just 10 minutes by following these 2 easy steps:
- Blend the ingredients. Process the gouda cheese, heavy cream, roasted red peppers, chicken broth, and garlic until smooth using a food processor or blender. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the soup. Transfer the soup to a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until all the flavors are combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Leftover roasted red pepper soup with gouda can be stored in the fridge or the freezer. It's great for meal prepping, multiplying the ingredients, making a large batch, and freezing portions.
- In the fridge: Allow the soup to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Place the container in the refrigerator and use it within 5 days.
- In the freezer: Allow the soup to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container or a freezer-safe zip-top bag. Place the container in the freezer and use it within 3 months. When you're ready to eat the soup, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- To reheat: Before reheating, check the soup for any signs of spoilage, such as mold or an off smell. If it appears spoiled, discard it. Reheat the soup on the stove or microwave, occasionally stirring until it reaches the desired temperature. When reheating from frozen, reheat the soup until it's steaming hot before eating.
- Note: The texture and flavor may change if you store the soup in the refrigerator or freezer. It may thicken, and the cheese may separate. But it's safe to consume as long as it's stored in an airtight container and consumed within the recommended time.
How To Make Homemade Chicken Broth
Making homemade chicken broth is easy and cost-effective! Follow these simple steps to create a flavorful and nutritious broth:
- Gather ingredients. You'll need chicken bones (leftover from a roasted chicken), vegetables such as onions, celery, and carrots, and any herbs or spices you prefer (such as thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves).
- Simmer the ingredients. Place the chicken bones and vegetables in a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add herbs or spices and let simmer for at least 4 hours (the longer the simmer, the more flavorful the broth will be).
- Strain and cool. Use a colander or sieve to strain the broth and remove the solids. Allow the broth to cool to room temperature.
- Store and use. Once cooled, transfer the broth to airtight containers and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Use it as a base for soups, stews, and sauces or as a flavorful addition to any recipe that calls for chicken broth.
By making your own chicken broth, you can control the broth's ingredients and taste and make sure it's low in carbs. You can also save money by not buying it pre-made. Enjoy your homemade chicken broth in soups, stews, risotto, or any other recipe you like.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Roasted Red Pepper Gouda Soup
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Gouda Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 16 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers drained
- 1 clove Garlic
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Process the gouda cheese with the heavy cream, roasted red peppers, chicken broth, and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth—season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the soup to a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium heat, cooking for 5-7 minutes to combine the flavors. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve hot.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question