This keto taco soup recipe has become one of my go-to Mexican meals. It's low carb with delicious flavor, can be made in 30 minutes flat, and even freezes well for days when you want a quick meal!
Table of Contents
Easy Keto Taco Soup Recipe to Burn Fat
Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot better with this keto taco soup recipe! Not only is it packed with all the delicious flavors of your favorite Mexican dish, but it's also low-carb and naturally gluten-free.
When I'm craving Mexican, my go-to recipes are low-carb tortillas, shrimp tacos, and this keto taco soup recipe. Imagine hearty ground beef, zesty tomatoes, and creamy cheddar cheese all simmering together in a savory taco-seasoned broth. It's like a fiesta in your mouth!
If you're looking for an easy and satisfying meal that won't derail your healthy eating goals, look no further than this keto taco soup recipe.
Is Taco Soup Low Carb?
Yes! For those on a low-carbohydrate diet, taco soup is a great option. This hearty soup is full of protein and healthy fats and is made without added sugar. It's also naturally gluten-free and grain-free. Even those on a stricter low-carb diet can still enjoy this soup because each delicious bowl contains just 1.7g of net carbs!
Low Carb Taco Soup Ingredients
This low carb taco soup recipe only calls for 7 basic ingredients you probably have in the kitchen. You can swap the ground beef with ground pork or turkey and top it with ripe avocado slices and a generous dollop of sour cream for extra flavor. You'll need the following ingredients:
- Ground meat - We used ground beef, but this recipe can be made with ground pork, ground lamb, or ground turkey.
- Tomatoes - Fresh diced tomatoes or canned tomatoes. Check the label on canned varieties to ensure no sugars are added.
- Heavy cream - asdf
- Cheese - We used shredded sharp cheddar cheese, but you can also use Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, or a combination.
- Broth - We used beef broth, but you can also use chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Oil - We use avocado oil, but you can substitute it for other oils like extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Seasonings - A simple combination of taco seasoning, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. You can also add chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, etc.
How To Make Keto Taco Soup
So, who's ready for a cozy bowl of homemade keto taco soup? Better than store-bought and with significantly fewer carbs, the result is worth every minute. Let's get cooking!
- Prep the ground beef. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the ground beef for 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown, seasoning it with taco seasoning.
- Simmer the soup. Add the diced tomatoes, heavy cream, and shredded cheese to the ground beef and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the broth. Add the beef broth to the mixture and cook for 10 minutes over low heat—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve keto taco soup. Transfer the soup to four bowls and optionally top with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, jalapenos, and a dollop of sour cream.
- In the fridge: Leftover keto taco soup can be stored in an airtight container once it reaches room temperature. Keep it in the refrigerator, and it will last up to 4 days.
- In the freezer: This gluten free taco soup recipe is great to make in big batches and freezing portions for longer-term storage. Let the soup cool to room temperature, and then store portions in freezer-proof containers for up to 3 months. When you're ready to eat, thaw the soup in the fridge overnight and reheat it on the stove or microwave.
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Tomato Cabbage Soup
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Keto Vegetable Soup
- Keto Mushroom Soup
- Keto Ramen Soup
Low Carb Keto Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 large Tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Beef or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Avocado Slices, Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Chillis to serve
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and sauté the ground beef for 5-7 minutes, seasoning it with the taco seasoning.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, optionally topped with avocado slices, jalapenos, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro.