It’s the time of the year when we are all wondering how to master the perfect turkey roasting.
Look no further because we’ve got the best-ever and keto-friendly Thanksgiving turkey recipe!
Fresh herbs, onions, garlic and lemon with a special butter-olive oil-erythritol rub will ensure that you get the most delicious, tender and juicy meat and golden-brown skin.
This is a recipe that we are certainly thankful for!
Table of Contents
Ingredients You'll Need
This is a delicious roast turkey recipe that is the perfect choice for a keto Thanksgiving dinner. For the full amounts of the ingredients check the recipe card below.
- A whole turkey
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Thyme sprigs
- Rosemary sprigs
- Sage leaves
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How To Make The Best Roast Turkey
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 250 degrees Celsius.
Now it's time to clean the turkey. Take the giblets out and thoroughly wash the turkey both inside and out. Once it is clean, pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
Now it's time to prepare the stuffing. Cut the onion and lemon into wedges. Stuff the cavity of the turkey with lemon wedges, onion, garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs and sage leaves.
Tie the legs together using kitchen twine (or use the skin to tuck the legs together). Tuck the wings snuggly under the body.
Grab a mixing bowl and mix together the olive oil and melted butter. Add the Erythritol and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Whisk everything together well. Next, rub the mixture all over the outside of the turkey making sure to cover it completely.
Take a baking tray with a roasting rack and place the turkey on the rack with the breast side facing up. Place the turkey in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
While the turkey is roasting baste it with the juices that are in the bottom of the tray. Do this every 30 minutes or so. The turkey should be ready after approximately 3 hours, or when the juices run clear when you cut between the turkey leg and thigh.
Remove the turkey from the oven and cover the baking tray with foil. Allow the turkey to rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving. Enjoy!
Roast Turkey Nutritional Info
This roast turkey recipe is perfect for your keto diet. For the full nutritional info check the recipe card below, here are the main points:
- 1,015 calories per serving
- 60.9 grams of fat
- 128.3 grams of protein
- 1.3 grams of fiber
- 3.0 grams of net carbs
Keto Roast Turkey Recipe
- 1 whole Turkey approximately 12 pounds
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 large Red Onion
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoon Erythritol
- 2 tablespoon Thyme Sprigs
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 tablespoon Sage Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/450°F/Gas mark 4.
- Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey thoroughly, inside and out.
- Pat the outside of the turkey dry using paper towels.
- Cut the onion and lemon into wedges.
- Stuff the cavity with the lemon, onion, garlic cloves, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Tie the legs together using kitchen twine or use its own skin to tuck the legs together, and tuck the wings snuggly under the body.
- Mix the olive oil with the melted butter, add the Erythritol and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well and rub the outside of the turkey with the mixture.
- Fit a roasting rack inside a baking pan and place the turkey on the rack, breast side up.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Keep roasting basting with the juices from the pan, until the juices run clear when you cut between the turkey leg and the thigh, for approximately 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and cover with tin foil, allowing the turkey to rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving.