Have you tried oven roasted green beans? They're a simple side dish that is easy to make and one of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh green beans. This recipe comes out tender and is loaded with the fresh flavor of green beans. It's also the perfect side dish for many of our mains like our easy balsamic chicken.
Are Oven Roasted Green Beans Keto?
We get it. The most challenging part of being on a keto diet is not dessert. It’s coming up with delicious side dishes that won’t add more carbs to your daily meals. Sides that are easy to put together and go well with a wide variety of mains.
Oven roasted green beans are perfect for keto! Luckily, roasting green beans makes a side dish that is not only packed to the brim with flavor but low in carbs too! They'll fit in nicely with your keto diet and help you to stay in the fat-burning state of ketosis. Each serving contains just 170 calories and 4.1g net carbs.
Green Beans Benefits
Green beans not only taste great but are a super healthy vegetable. They are low in both carbs and calories which makes them a great addition to your keto diet. They're also high in fiber and are a rich source of vitamins A, C and K.
How To Roast Green Beans
Roasting green beans is super easy so it's great when you're in a rush and need a quick side dish to go with dinner. You'll need:
- Green beans (fresh of frozen is fine, defrost if frozen)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
First, preheat your oven to 400°F and then arrange your washed green beans into a baking pan. Next, simply pour the heavy cream over the beans and sprinkle with the minced garlic, salt and black pepper.
Finally, sprinkle over the grated mozzarella and Parmesan and then bake until golden brown for around 30 minutes. EASY!
Tips For Your Roasted Green Beans
Roasting green beans is a great way to add more healthy vegetables to your diet. Here are a few tips:
- Fresh green beans. If possible, aim to use fresh green beans that are vibrant and firm. Opt for using frozen green beans that you'll need to thaw over old green beans.
- Wash and dry. If you're using fresh green beans I recommend washing them thoroughly and then patting them dry before roasting.
This roasted green beans recipe is the perfect healthy side for a number of our main dishes. They are always popular on the holiday dinner table and go great with a wide variety of cuisines. Try these with:
Also, if you're a fan of roasted vegetables you might also like to try:
Oven Roasted Green Beans with Cheese
- 2 lb Green Beans defrosted if frozen
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- ⅔ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Arrange the green beans into a baking pan. Pour the heavy cream over the beans and sprinkle with the minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.