Complete your Thanksgiving turkey feast with this glorious keto cauliflower stuffing!
It doubles as a delicious side dish so double the recipe and why not, even make it outside the Thanksgiving meal planning.
A blend of fresh herbs, mushrooms and carrots make this stuffing perfect for autumn and it goes well with poultry and red meat as well!
Table of Contents
Cauliflower Keto Turkey Stuffing: Healthy Low-Carb Recipe
Cauliflower is an excellent low carb vegetable that you can use as a substitute for traditional bread stuffing.
The combination of cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, onion and celery gives this keto stuffing the right texture, flavor and color.
If you’re on the keto diet and want to make low-carb stuffing for Thanksgiving, this is how you do it!
Ingredients You'll Need
Our keto cauliflower stuffing is made with healthy low carb ingredients. For the full amounts check out the recipe card below. To make it you'll need:
- Button mushrooms
- Red onion
- Chicken broth
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How To Make Low Carb Cauliflower Turkey Stuffing
To get started take a large frying pan and heat the butter. Sauté the onion, carrot and celery until tender and fragrant (around 5 to 7 minutes). Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper
Next, add the cauliflower and button mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste.
Finally, add the parsley, rosemary, sage and chicken broth and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and tender.
This recipe makes 8 servings of cauliflower stuffing and each serving contains the following:
- 83 calories
- 6.9 grams of fat
- 2.4 grams of protein
- 2.2 grams of fiber
- A total of 4 grams of net carbs
Keto Turkey Stuffing Recipe
- 1 small head Cauliflower chopped
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms chopped coarsely
- 2 large Carrots chopped coarsely
- 1 red Onion chopped
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Celery Stalks chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped coarsely
- 4 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sage fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 5-7 minutes until tender and fragrant, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower and chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 more minutes, seasoning to taste.
- Add the parsley, rosemary, and sage and the broth and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked and tender.