My keto jalapeno poppers are made with 4 ingredients in 4 simple steps! Made with goat cheese and crispy bacon, they're perfect as an appetizer or side the whole family will love.
Table of Contents
Keto Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
This recipe is made with halved jalapeno peppers stuffed with perfectly seasoned goat cheese or cream cheese and crispy bacon bits. Keto jalapeno poppers can be enjoyed cold or baked until golden in the oven under a hot grill for a few minutes.
Jalapeno peppers are very healthy and rich in vitamins A and C and potassium. They also have carotene — an antioxidant that may help fight free radicals and folate, vitamin K, and B vitamins, making them the hottest food craze and a very healthy and nutrient-packed option!
Are jalapenos keto? Yes! According to the USDA, one jalapeno pepper contains just 0.9 grams of carbs with 0.4 grams of dietary fiber. That's just 0.5 grams of net carbohydrates in each pepper!
Are jalapeno poppers keto-friendly? Yes! My easy jalapeno poppers recipe is high in healthy fats and protein; each popper has less than 1 gram of net carbs - a keto-approved appetizer!
How To Make Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
For this quick and easy keto appetizer, you'll need the following 4 ingredients (plus salt and pepper):
- Jalapeno peppers
- Goat cheese (or cream cheese)
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- Mix the goat cheese (or cream cheese), dried basil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff each sliced jalapeno pepper generously with the seasoned cheese filling.
- Heat a dry pan and cook the bacon slices until crispy, around 2 minutes. Cut the bacon slices into bacon bits and press them into the cheese while they're hot so that they stick.
- Place the jalapeno poppers in the oven to bake at 420 degrees Fahrenheit (215 degrees Celsius) for around 5 minutes until they're crispy and golden brown.
- Optionally serve these jalapeno poppers cold, and they're still as delicious.
How To Store Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers
In the VERY unlikely case that you have leftovers (everyone will devour them!), you can store these bacon cream cheese jalapeno poppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, pop them in the oven to bake until warm.
How To Freeze Keto Stuffed Jalapenos
A great way to enjoy these easy jalapeno poppers is to freeze them for a quick appetizer when you need something quick.
You can freeze the jalapeno poppers before baking them. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and pop them in the freezer until they're solid. From there, transfer them into a freezer-proof bag, and pop them in the oven to bake when you're ready to eat them.
Ensure you firmly push the bacon bits into the cream cheese mixture before freezing to stop the bacon from falling off.
More Keto Appetizers
Keto Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 12 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 ½ cup Goat Cheese or Cream Cheese
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut each jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and ribs of the pepper.
- Mix the goat cheese or cream cheese with the dried basil, salt, and pepper. Stuff each jalapeno with the mixture.
- Heat a dry pan and crisp the bacon pieces, turning them for 2 minutes. Chop the bacon into bacon bits.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits onto each jalapeno pepper. Press gently to make sure the bacon bits stick to the cheese. You can serve them cold now or proceed to the next time.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper and preheat your oven to 420°F (215°C).
- Bake the jalapeno poppers for around 5 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.