Our Keto Roasted Cabbage Steaks are made with thick cabbage slices, bathed in olive oil, seasoned with a few simple spices and a sprinkle of crunchy sesame seeds, reaching the ideal texture in the oven. Simplicity in all its glory!
They make a perfect side dish, snack or appetizer that you can make a big batch of, and have it for the whole week.
They will become a staple in your keto culinary repertoire!
Table of Contents
Low Carb Roasted Cabbage Steaks Ingredients
Nothing could be more simple than this recipe! You'll need:
- Green cabbage
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds
- Salt & black pepper
How To Make Keto Cabbage Steaks
To get started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper. Slice your cabbage vertically into 1 inch thick slices.
Arrange the cabbage slices on your baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil generously. Season them with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Rub the season gently with your fingers to make sure they're evenly coated, then finally sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
Bake the cabbage steaks for 40 to 45 minutes until golden and delicious.
Serve the cabbage steaks hot as an appetizer or side dish, enjoy!
- 1 head Green Cabbage
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Slice the cabbage in 1” thick slices vertically.
- Arrange on the prepared baking pan and drizzle generously with the olive oil.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, rubbing with your fingers to coat evenly. Add the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, and serve hot.