These keto bacon deviled eggs offer a delightful combination of creamy blue cheese, smoky bacon, and perfectly boiled eggs. They are a flavorful and keto-friendly twist on a classic appetizer.
Table of Contents
Quick recipes able to go from kitchen to table in under half an hour are a winner in our house, and our keto bacon deviled eggs can be served in 15 minutes! We’ve taken a classic appetizer and transformed it into a dish bursting with hearty flavor and delicious ingredients. Bacon brings mouthwatering crispy specks of pink to the eggs, while creamy mayonnaise and fiery Dijon mustard soften the overall texture and elevate the flavors within.
The time it takes to make deviled eggs is shaped by how long the eggs take to become hard-boiled, and while you wait, it’s the perfect time to prepare the tasty cheesy filling. Simple ingredients and quick recipes don’t have to mean a bland dish. In fact, these keto bacon deviled eggs are far from dull! Crumbled blue cheese adds a punch of mature flavor, and opting for a dash of hot sauce awakens the palette even more.
Our recipe has only 0.7g of net carbs per serving, making the eggs suitable for a keto lifestyle. They can be enjoyed on their own as a satisfying but light appetizer or enjoyed with a lightly dressed, leafy side salad for lunch. Stuffed eggs may seem outdated to some, but our keto recipe brings deviled eggs up to date with additions of bacon, cheese, mustard, and hot sauce.
- Eggs: Eggs are rarely the star of the show, but they take center stage with deviled eggs! As the eggs are essentially filled with the creamy topping, they first need to be hard-boiled, making them easier to handle and far more durable to hold the cheese filling. The bigger the egg, the more filling you’ll need, so it’s wise to opt for medium eggs to keep everything balanced.
- Bacon: Of all the ingredients in this recipe, bacon is one of the most important. It brings saltiness, texture, color, and rich flavor notes that match the silky cooked egg whites perfectly. The bacon needs to be cooked and crumbled, so each egg receives plenty with every bite.
- Mayonnaise: Echoing the flavors of the egg, mayonnaise helps create a velvety texture for the filling while also bringing a tangy undertone that cuts through the richness of the cheese and bacon. Only a small amount of mayonnaise is needed for the luscious filling, but it transforms the texture into a smooth and spoonable form, making filling the eggs a breeze.
- Blue Cheese: Nothing quite matches the bold notes of aged blue cheese. Gorgonzola, Roquefort, and Stilton are ideal matches with the other ingredients in the recipe, so it boils down to personal preference and what you have lying around in the fridge able to be used! For easier mixing of the deviled egg filling, the cheese needs to be crumbled into smaller, manageable pieces.
- Dijon Mustard: Mustard is recognized for being a fiery ingredient, and fire is exactly what it brings to our deviled egg recipe. Dijon mustard has a pungent flavor, but in small quantities, it adds a gentle wave of heat and a gorgeous sandy color to dishes.
- Hot Sauce: Many hot sauces are keto-friendly, and they provide an effortless kick to any recipe. Adding a dash of hot sauce to the rich filling of the eggs is optional, but it does add another layer of flavor and a hum of warm spice.
- Sea Salt And Black Pepper: Seasoning is often what helps all the ingredients of a recipe come together and remain balanced. Sea salt and cracked black pepper added to the filling of the deviled eggs bring out each of the flavors within for a well-seasoned, delicious snack or appetizer.
- Additional Crumbled Blue Cheese And Bacon: Giving the food you create in the kitchen a garnish before serving transforms the aesthetics of the dish and adds an extra flavor boost, too. An optional sprinkling of crumbled blue cheese and golden bacon pieces represents some of the ingredients within the filling and brings an additional layer of texture.
Whipping these keto bacon deviled eggs up is the work of less than 20 minutes. Whether you’re craving a creamy, salty hit at lunchtime or want to impress dinner guests with a reinvented classic, this is the recipe for you! No fancy ingredients or equipment is needed, but a piping bag helps tremendously when uniting the filling with the cooked egg whites.
Step one: Boil the eggs for 10 minutes until hard-boiled. Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove each of the yolks, placing them in a separate mixing bowl to be used later for the filling.
Step two: To the egg yolks, add the crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, blue cheese, Dijon mustard, and an optional dash of hot sauce.
Step three: Mash the ingredients together until well combined using either a fork or a hand mixer. Using a hand mixer will result in a smoother consistency and will cut down some minutes, too.
Step four: Season the egg yolk mixture with sea salt and black pepper to taste, and add more ingredients to reach your desired flavor.
Step five: Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each egg white half with the blue cheese and bacon mixture. For a decorative touch, use a shaped tip on the piping bag to fill each of the egg halves.
Step six: Garnish the deviled eggs with additional crumbled blue cheese and bacon bits before refrigerating them for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld together and the egg white to chill, solidifying the overall egg texture even more.
Step seven: Serve the keto bacon deviled eggs as an appetizer or as part of a party platter for friends and family to enjoy.
Keto Bacon Deviled Eggs With Smoked Paprika: Our keto bacon deviled eggs recipe is full of bold flavors, and the sweet and tangy addition of smoked paprika brings more than just fiery color. Smoked paprika has a chargrilled edge that works wonders with the decadent filling, and a little paprika sprinkled on top of the eggs once they have been filled highlights all of the different textures waiting to be devoured within.
Keto Deviled Eggs With Avocado: Mashed avocado can be used in place of mayonnaise for the deviled egg filling as it has a similar silky texture that works wonders with all of the other ingredients in the recipe. The pale green color tones of avocado provide a stunning contrast to the egg whites and bacon, changing the aesthetic of the deviled eggs for a modern spin.
Hard Boiled Eggs Peeling Tip: As hard-boiled eggs are the main ingredient in deviled eggs, it’s best to peel them as well as you can! For an easier time peeling the shell off the cooked eggs, place each one in a bowl of iced water for a few minutes after cooking. This helps the shell peel off the egg far more easily, so you’re left with perfect egg whites without any gouges or indentations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There A Substitute For Mayonnaise In Deviled Eggs?
Many ingredients can be used in place of mayonnaise in deviled eggs, such as sour cream, avocado, or plain, keto-friendly yogurt. Mayonnaise has a wonderful bouncy texture and subtle tang that works perfectly with the eggs, but it’s possible to change things around and substitute other ingredients.
How Many Carbs Are In Keto Deviled Eggs?
Our keto bacon deviled eggs recipe contains just 0.7g of carbohydrates per serving. By using keto-friendly ingredients, the total carbs of the recipe are kept low. Delicious ingredients ensure no one misses out, and the deviled eggs taste as delectable as ever.
What Can I Use To Put Deviled Eggs In?
Once decorated with the egg yolk filling, getting the deviled eggs into the refrigerator without them rolling away can be a challenge. Placing each deviled egg into the slots on a muffin tray or egg carton helps keep them stable from the countertop to the fridge.
Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 medium Eggs hard boiled
- 2 slices Bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Aged Blue Cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 dash Hot Sauce optional
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Additional crumbled blue cheese and bacon bits for garnish optional
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes until hard-boiled. Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, crumbled blue cheese, Dijon mustard, and a dash of hot sauce (if using) to the bowl with the egg yolks.
- Mash and mix the ingredients together until well combined. You can use a fork or a hand mixer for smoother consistency.
- Taste the mixture and season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Adjust the ingredients as needed to achieve your desired flavor.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each egg white half with the blue cheese and bacon mixture. You can also use a decorative tip to pipe the filling for an attractive presentation.
- Garnish the deviled eggs with additional crumbled blue cheese and bacon bits.
- Refrigerate the deviled eggs for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together and chill.
- Serve the Blue Cheese and Bacon Deviled Eggs as an appetizer or as part of a party platter.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.