Hard boiled eggs perfectly paired with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and avocado make this easy keto appetizer a winner in our book.
They pack 15g of protein and only 1.4 grams of carbs per portion and they are ready in 15 minutes or less.
They look as good as they taste and you can leave out the bacon to turn them into a high protein vegetarian keto treat!
- 6 large Eggs
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 3 slices Bacon
- ½ medium Avocado ripe
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and hard boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a dry pan and crisp the bacon slices for a minute on each side.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado using a spoon and mash in a bowl. Add the olive oil, and lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt, paprika and black pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the boiled eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Spread a dollop of the avocado mixture on the one side, add a piece of cheese and bacon and put the other half of each egg on top to make little egg sandwiches.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika and serve at room temperature.
Readers also love
Widget not in any sidebars