Get ready for a tasty snack with these easy-to-make garlic crackers. Made with just a few simple ingredients and packed with flavor, these crackers are great for any occasion.
Perfect for dipping in soup or spreading with your favorite dips, these crackers will be a hit with everyone. They're gluten-free, low-carb, and vegetarian too!
Table of Contents
Easy Keto Garlic Crackers
You HAVE to try my delicious and super easy garlic crackers recipe. With the game season ahead, we desperately need quick finger food recipes to snack on!
I've shared many delicious keto-friendly crackers, chips, and dip recipes. Some of my go-to recipes are keto Doritos, spinach parmesan crackers, and roasted cauliflower hummus. Today I'm finally sharing another one of my favorites, my gorgeous garlic crackers.
I've been making these crackers for a long time and adjusted them over and over until I've reached the perfect recipe. Now you have the best garlic crackers that you can customize to your own tastes or use up herbs and spices from your pantry.
Ingredients You'll Need
These garlic crackers are made with ten simple ingredients and packed with garlic flavor. They're also super versatile, so feel free to add your favorite herbs, spices, and seasonings. You'll need the following ingredients:
- Cheese - You'll need a combination of shredded mozzarella and parmesan for this recipe.
- Almond flour - Super-fine almond flour or almond meal.
- Garlic - This recipe uses freshly minced garlic and garlic powder.
- Greek yogurt - Full-fat and unflavored at room temperature.
- Olive oil - Standard or extra-virgin are fine.
- Egg - Free-range at room temperature.
- Seasonings - This recipe uses thyme and oregano but feel free to add your favorites.
How To Make Garlic Crackers
- Preheat oven. Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and garlic powder.
- Combine wet ingredients. In another large mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and Greek yogurt. Microwave for 60 seconds or use a double boiler to melt and mix them.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add the melted cheese mixture to the dry ingredients and add the egg. Mix and combine until a dough forms.
- Make the dough. Knead the dough and transfer it onto the baking tray. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a sheet. Dust with almond flour if the dough is too sticky to roll.
- Season the dough. Whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle the garlic oil over the dough and use your fingers to coat it evenly.
- Bake the garlic crackers. Transfer the baking tray to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese. Slice into 8 garlic crackers.
Homemade garlic crackers can last for several weeks if stored properly in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag in a cool, dry place such as a pantry or cupboard. The crackers can last even longer if stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- In the fridge: Allow the garlic-flavored crackers to cool completely after baking. Place the crackers in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag and remove as much air as possible. The crackers will last for several weeks in the refrigerator, but you may notice a change in texture and taste after a certain period. It's recommended that you consume the crackers within 2-3 weeks of making them for the best quality. If you notice any signs of spoilage, such as mold, discoloration, or an off odor, it's best to discard them. Take them out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving to allow them to come to room temperature and regain their texture.
- In the freezer: Allow the crackers to cool completely after baking. Place the crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet or tray in the freezer for about an hour or until the crackers are completely frozen. Once the crackers are frozen, you can transfer them to a plastic freezer bag or an airtight container, removing as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months but for the best quality, consume within 1 month.
- To thaw the crackers: When ready to use them, you can take them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
More Easy Chips, Crackers & Dips
Garlic Crackers Recipe
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and garlic powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese with Greek yogurt. Microwave for 1 minute, or use a double boiler to melt and mix.
- Add the melted cheese mixture to the dry mixture. Add the egg and mix to combine. Knead to make a dough and transfer it onto the prepared baking tray. Flatten with your hands or a rolling pin, dusting with almond flour if needed.
- Whisk together the olive oil with minced garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle on the dough and press with your fingers to coat evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, slice, and serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
It sounds delicious and I can’t wait to try it but can you tell me if it’s possible to freeze or how long after it’s cooked will the crackers last?
Yes, you can freeze the crackers. I've got more details in the storage instructions section of the post!
They'll keep for a week or two at room temperature and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Let me know how they go when you make them!