This keto chicken casserole is loaded with tender chicken, spinach, leeks and cheesy goodness! It's an irresistible family dinner you'll make again and again.
Table of Contents
A cheesy casserole combined with tender chicken, bacon, leeks and spinach in a deliciously cheesy sauce.
While it’s best enjoyed freshly cooked, you can easily prepare and mix all of the ingredients ahead of time in a pan. When you're ready pop it in the oven to bake to save time.
We used mozzarella cheese but feel free to use cheddar, edam or gouda cheese instead. They melt just as well and turn golden brown and bubbly in the oven!
Why You'll Love This Chicken Casserole
- Only 4.3 grams of net carbs!!
- Ready in just 35 minutes
- Delicious comforting dinner
Cheesy Chicken Casserole Ingredients
This low carb casserole only requires 10 key ingredients to make and they're easily substitutable to what you have on hand.
- Chicken - we used skinless boneless chicken breast for this recipe, but you can easily use chicken thighs or other meat.
- Bacon - who doesn't love extra bacon in casseroles? You can also add diced ham if you don't have any bacon.
- Vegetables - we use baby spinach, red onion and leek in this casserole. You can also use other low carb vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli and celery.
- Heavy cream
- Cheese - we used mozzarella in this recipe but you can substitute it for cheddar, edam or gouda which all work great in this casserole.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings - for this recipe you'll only need mild paprika, salt and black pepper.
How To Make Keto Chicken Casserole
To get started, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and prepare an oven proof dish for the casserole.
Take a deep pan and heat the olive oil over a medium high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes seasoning with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika.
Add the onions and leeks and cook for a further 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Stir in the bacon and spinach then continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring to combine all the flavors.
Pour in the cream and whisk in the eggs. When the cream starts to bubble add the cheese and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer everything to the oven proof dish you prepared earlier.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven until golden brown. Slice into portions and serve hot!
In the fridge: any leftover casserole can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
In the freezer: you can freeze this low carb casserole for up to 3 months by placing it in the freezer proof containers.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
Looking for more delicious low carb chicken recipes? Try some of our favorites:
- Easy Peri Peri Chicken (Nando's Copycat)
- Roasted Chicken Breasts with Carrots
- One-Pan Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Patties with Spicy Fried Cabbage & Tomato Butter
- 1 Chicken Breast diced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach fresh
- 1 medium Red Onion chopped
- 1 cup Leek sliced
- 4 slices Bacon chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika mild
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan and sauté the chicken for 2-3 minutes, seasoning with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika. Add the onions and leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon and spinach, stirring for 2-3 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Pour in the cream and whisk in the eggs. When the cream starts to bubble, add the cheese, season with salt, pepper and paprika and transfer into an oven proof dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and serve hot.