This low carb Peri Peri Chicken is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner. Chicken breasts smothered in a homemade peri peri sauce that are tender and juicy inside with a crispy charred crust.
Table of Contents
Out of all the ways to cook chicken breasts this is one of my favorites. Especially if you love Nando's as much as I do!
Marinated in a simple but flavorful homemade peri peri marinade, the chicken breasts soak up all the flavor before they even hit the pan.
We seal the flavor in with a slick of butter in a hot skillet and this way the chicken remains juice and tender inside, with a crispy and charred crust outside. Yum!
Why You'll Love Peri Peri Chicken
- Only 3.9 grams of net carbs!!
- Perfect balance of sweet and salty
- An easy-to-make weeknight dinner
Ingredients You'll Need
To make this low carb dinner you'll only need 10 simple ingredients.
- Chicken breasts - free-range chicken breasts that are skinless and boneless. This recipe works great with other cuts of chicken but cooking times will vary.
- Avocado oil
- Garlic - just a couple of garlic cloves is all you need. You can also use minced garlic if you have no fresh garlic available.
- Lemon juice - the juice of two lemons and some extra wedges to serve. You can also use store bought lemon juice if you don't have any fresh lemons available.
- Red wine vinegar
- Chili flakes - gives the peri peri sauce a nice kick.
How To Make Keto Peri Peri Chicken
To get started we'll make the marinade. Take a large mixing bowl and add the avocado oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, chili flakes, paprika, oregano, Erythritol, red wine vinegar, salt and black pepper.
Whisk everything together well and then throw in the chicken breasts.
Coat the chicken breasts in the marinade so that they're completely covered. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight).
When you're ready to cook the chicken heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan or skillet over a medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook them for 7 to 10 minutes on each side, until completely cooked through and slightly charred.
Serve hot with your favorite low carb side or salad.
In the fridge: Allow any leftovers to cool and then place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They'll keep for up to 3 days.
In the freezer: If you want to make a large batch of peri peri chicken you can store it in the freezer. It's a great option for meal prepping and will keep for up to 4 months. Make sure you let it cool before placing it in freezer proof containers.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Looking for more quick and easy chicken dinner recipes?? Try some of our favorites:
- One-Pan Garlic Butter Chicken
- Roasted Chicken and Carrots
- Baked Chicken with Yogurt & Lime
- Chicken Patties with Spicy Fried Cabbage
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Lemons juice only
- 2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 2 teaspoon Paprika mild
- 1 teaspoon Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine the avocado oil with the minced garlic, lemon juice, chili flakes, paprika, oregano, Erythritol, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well and add the chicken breasts.
- Coat all the chicken pieces evenly with the mixture and allow to marinate for a minimum of one hour.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan or skillet and cook the chicken over medium heat, for 7-10 minutes on each side, until completely cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve hot.