My easy roasted chicken and vegetables with feta cheese is a quick and easy one-tray family favorite! Made with chicken breast and any leftover frozen vegetables, topped with crumbled feta and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Table of Contents
We all have a neglected bag of frozen, mixed vegetables in our freezer, that we just don’t know how to utilize.
This roasted chicken and vegetables recipe will show you how to take that bag of veggies and turn in into a delicious, filling, and keto friendly one-tray bake that is so easy to make.
One tray bakes are amazing as they need minimum effort while they deliver maximum taste!
Just combine everything on a baking pan and let the oven work its magic. The best part is that clean up is a breeze!
Why You'll Love This Chicken Dinner
- It's a great way to use leftover veggies
- Super quick and easy to make with just 5 ingredients
- Made using one-tray for easy cleanup
- Only 3.7g carbs in each serving!!
This yummy low carb roasted chicken and vegetables with feta cheese only requires a total of 5 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper).
- Chicken - we used boneless and skinless chicken breast but you can easily use other cuts of chicken or your other favorite protein.
- Mixed vegetables - use any leftover frozen veggies you have but be careful how many carbs they contain. The best low carb vegetables to roast are broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, eggplant and celery.
- Cheese - go with crumbled feta cheese that melts and bakes into a golden topping.
- Vegetable oil - olive oil or another vegetable oil works fine.
- Lemon - optionally drizzle with half a slice of lemon juice when it comes out of the oven.
- Seasonings - you'll only need sea salt and black pepper for this recipe.
How To Make It
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (250 degrees Celsius) and prepare a baking tray.
Place the chicken breasts and frozen or fresh mixed vegetables in to the baking tray. Drizzle olive oil or vegetable oil over the chicken and veggies.
Season with sea salt and black pepper then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
Remove from the oven and add the crumbled feta cheese, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. If it looks dry you can add a bit of extra water.
Remove the chicken tray bake from the oven and squeeze over fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!
This roasted chicken and vegetables dish is great as leftovers. You can also make a larger batch and use it for meal prepping but freezing portions.
In the fridge
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they'll keep for up to 4 days.
To reheat, pop the leftovers in the microwave for a few minutes or transfer them to a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for around 10 minutes or until completely warmed.
In the freezer
Alternatively you can freeze leftovers from a larger batch in an airtight and freezer proof container or bag where they'll keep for up to 4 months. Just remember that cooked frozen veggies will be quite a lot softer than the original dish.
You can thaw the leftovers straight from the freezer in the microwave, or transfer them to a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for around 20 minutes or until completely warned.
More Delicious One-Tray Recipes
Looking for more delicious keto-friendly recipes you can make with minimal cleanup? Check out our favorite one-tray recipes here:
- Easy Keto Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Salmon and Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- Easy Balsamic Chicken
Roasted Chicken Vegetables with Feta Cheese Recipe
- 8 oz Chicken Breast boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon juice only
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Gather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 400°F (250°C).
- Place the chicken breast and mixed vegetables straight from the freezer in a baking tray and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and add the crumbled feta cheese. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes, adding a bit of water if needed.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve hot.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
I made this for supper last night. I used frozen stir fry veggies and it was delicious! This one will be a weekly treat! The feta cheese was a perfect ingredient add! I’d never have thought of it! 5-Stars of YUM!
So glad you loved it, Dixie!
It's a great way to use up leftover frozen veggies 🙂