It’s time to share the best keto chocolate cake recipe you will ever make! With a moist and decadent chocolatey texture, this cake is full of flavor with only 1.9g net carbs.
Table of Contents
Everyone loves chocolate cake! This keto version is moist and tender with a rich chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder.
It’s easy to make, delicious and it has just 1.9g of net carbs per slice making it the perfect dessert for your holiday table!
Having said that, there’s nothing stopping us from having this buttery heaven for breakfast with a massive cup of bulletproof coffee.
Why You'll Love It
- It has a rich and decadent chocolate flavor
- The perfect moist and cakey texture
- Only 1.9g net carbs per slice (!!)
- Super versatile with lots of topping options
- Very easy to make with 10 mins prep
- A great choice for holidays and special occasions
Ingredients You'll Need
You'll only need 11 simple ingredients to make this delicious sugar-free chocolate cake.
- Almond flour - the main ingredient for this keto chocolate cake recipe. Make sure you use a fine almond flour. If it's too coarse use a food processor to blend it finer to avoid a gritty cake texture.
- Coconut flour - we use coconut flour and almond flour to replace standard flour in this recipe. They're much lower in carbs which helps keep the cake keto-friendly.
- Erythritol - our low carb alternative to other sugars, with fewer of the negative effects on blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Cacao powder - gives our chocolate cake a rich and decadent flavor. Also is a source of antioxidants, which play an important role in protecting cells from damage.
- Eggs - use whole, large and free-range eggs for the best flavor.
- Yogurt - helps to improve the texture of the cake.
- Butter - use grass-fed butter if possible, although all kinds will work. Butter gives the cake moisture and makes it more rich.
- Baking powder - make sure that it's fresh. It helps the cake rise and adds bubbles for a better texture.
- Baking soda - helps the batter rise when baked giving it a light texture.
- Vanilla extract - try to use a high quality brand if possible.
- Sparkling water - great to use in cakes to give them more rise which results in a fluffier texture.
- Salt - adding salt helps to balance out all the flavors.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Cake
Preheat the oven. To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and grease a 8-inch round cake pan with butter.
Prep the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl combine the Erythritol, almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Prep the eggs. In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until the double in size.
Prep the wet ingredients. Add the yogurt and melted butter to the eggs and continue to whisk until well combined.
Prep the batter. Combine the dry mixture and wet mixture together while whisking constantly with an electric mixer. Once combined, add the sparkling water into the batter and mix it in.
Bake the cake. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. You may need to cover the top of the cake pan with foil or baking paper to keep it from burning.
Allow to cool. Let the cake reach room temperature before removing it from the cake pan. Once cooled, you can optionally top with your favorite low carb toppings.
- Keto Chocolate Frosting - this chocolate cake is perfect topped with our keto chocolate frosting made with cream cheese. You won't believe it's low carb, trust me!
- Low-carb fruit - top with your favorite fresh sliced keto fruits like strawberries and kiwifruit!
In the fridge: To store this chocolate keto cake simply cover it and refrigerate. It will keep for up to 3 days.
In the freezer: You can also freeze the cake if needed. Once the cake has completely cooled, wrap it tightly in foil and place in a freezer-safe container. It will keep for up to 3 months (remember the write the date on it!)
More Sugar-Free Keto Desserts
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- Irresistible Lemon Pound Cake
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Pie
Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 8-inch round cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a cake pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Erythritol with the almond and coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until they double in bulk.
- Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla and melted butter and keep whisking to combine.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk constantly with the electric mixer.
- Finally, add the sparkling water into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, covering the top surface with a piece of baking paper or foil if needed.
- Let the cake reach room temperature before removing it from the pan.
- Optionally prepare my keto chocolate frosting while the cake cools, trust me it's worth it!