Table of Contents
This is by far the best keto chocolate cream cheese frosting we’ve ever tasted!
We tried numerous store-bought versions but we chocolate perfected the creamiest and light as air homemade recipe.
It is very low in carbs and so chocolatey that you’ll have a hard time believing it’s keto-friendly!
I added a hint of vanilla but you can modify the recipe by adding any kind of flavoring that goes well with each recipe you are making.
It's a really versatile recipe so you could add peppermint, citrus, coffee or caramel - there are unlimited options! This makes this the perfect frosting base for all your cakes, biscuits or pancakes.
We used this keto chocolate frosting recipe as the frosting for our best keto chocolate cake and it was DELICIOUS!
Why You'll Love Easy Keto Chocolate Frosting
- Light and creamy texture
- Rich and decadent chocolate flavor
- Versatile and easy frosting base with unlimited flavor possibilities
- Low in carbs (!!)
Ingredients You'll Need
To make this keto frosting chocolate recipe you'll only need 5 simple ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Keto Friendly Chocolate Frosting
It's super easy to make our low carb chocolate frosting and just takes a few steps.
Take a large mixing bowl and pour in the heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream until it doubles in bulk.
While continuously mixing, gradually add the cream cheese, cacao powder, Erythritol and vanilla extract. The frosting should be thick but not too stiff so that you can easily spread it on top of cakes and cupcakes
- Fridge: If you don't need to use all the frosting at once don't worry! You can cover it or store it in an air tight container for up to 4 days in the refridgerator.
What To Use This Frosting With
Keto chocolate frosting is perfect for any homemade cake, cupcake, bars or any celebration.
Because it's so versatile a great frosting base for any biscuits or pancakes as well.
It takes just 5 ingredients and it's easy to make. It also doesn't require cooking time or any special tools.
More Keto Desserts
- Keto Snowball Cookies
- Keto Carrot Cake Bars
- Keto Almond Flour Orange Cake
- Keto Almond Flour Banana Bread
Keto Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- ¾ cup Cream Cheese
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup Erythritol powdered
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pour the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until it doubles in bulk. Gradually add the cream cheese, cacao powder, Erythritol and vanilla extract while whisking continuously for 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge, in an air tight container for up to 4 days.