This comforting keto cinnamon swirl cake is perfect when you're craving something sweet. Perfectly moist cake with a gooey cinnamon swirl filling, you won't believe it's keto, sugar-free and grain-free!
Table of Contents
Cake time is the best time! Try this keto cinnamon swirl cake recipe when you are in the mood to make something extraordinary, and you won’t regret it.
The technique is super simple: You add half the batter in a loaf pan, add a layer of cinnamon and Erythritol, top with the remaining batter and another layer of the cinnamon mixture.
The fun part is swirling them together to create a lovely marble effect!
Why You'll Love Keto Cinnamon Cake
- Only 2 grams of net carbs in each slice!!
- Moist and buttery cake with a gooey cinnamon filling
- Sugar-free and grain-free
Keto Cinnamon Swirl Cake Ingredients
Using just 9 simple ingredients, you can have this low carb cinnamon swirl cake on the table in under an hour!
- Almond flour - finely milled almond flour that has been measured and sifted.
- Coconut flour - combined with almond flour for our low carb cake batter.
- Erythritol - instead of standard sugar we'll use Erythritol (or any other sugar-free sweetener) for our sweet cinnamon swirl!
- Sunflower oil - sunflower oil is great for baking cakes because of its mild flavor and low smoke point.
- Almond milk - lower in carbs than standard milk, but you can substitute it for whole milk if you don't have any available.
- Eggs - make sure your eggs are at room temperature to avoid a lumpy batter.
- Vanilla extract - helps to enhance the flavors of our cake.
- Baking powder - adds air bubbles which lighten the texture of our cake.
- Ground cinnamon - combined with sugar-free sweetener for the gooey cinnamon swirl.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Swirl Cake
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with baking paper, grease the paper and set aside.
We'll start with the cinnamon swirl: In a small mixing bowl combine the Erythritol with the ground cinnamon and set aside.
In a second mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, Erythritol, sunflower oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Set this aside too.
In a third mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, a pinch of salt, and backing powder together.
Now combine the egg mixture and flour mixture together until you get a batter.
Pour half of the batter into the prepared lined loaf pan.
Sprinkle in half of the cinnamon swirl mixture and then add the remaining batter. Sprinkle the other half of the cinnamon swirl mixture on top.
Place a skewer into the batter and swirl it around to create a marble effect.
Cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes. Test it's ready by placing a toothpick into the center of the cake and checking if it comes out clean.
Allow the cinnamon swirl cake to cool in the loaf pan before removing and slicing. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
In the fridge: Store any leftover keto cinnamon cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 5 days.
In the freezer: Freeze any leftover low carb cinnamon cake in a freezer proof container where it will keep for up to 5 months. When you're ready to enjoy the cake let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Low Carb Cakes
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Best Keto Chocolate Cake
- Almond Flour Orange Cake
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ½ cup Erythritol
- ½ cup Sunflower Oil
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 5 medium Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
For the Cinnamon Swirl
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking paper. Grease the baking paper and set it aside.
- Start with the cinnamon swirl: In a small mixing bowl combine the Erythritol with the cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, Erythritol, sunflower oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, a pinch of salt, and baking powder.
- Finally, combine the egg mixture and flour mixture together into a batter.
- Pour half the amount of the batter onto the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half the reserved cinnamon swirl mixture, add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon swirl mixture on top.
- Swirl a skewer into the batter to create a marble effect.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and bake the cake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing and slicing. Serve at room temperature.