This almond flour orange cake is made with healthy ingredients and is an excellent breakfast, dessert, or any time you're craving cake! Keto orange cake has a sweet and nutty flavor and a delicious orange cream cheese frosting. Nobody will believe it's low carb!
Table of Contents
This is an exceptionally good almond flour orange cake. It's ultra-moist, fragrant, and subtly sweet. It has a pleasant hint of citrus and a naturally sweet and nutty flavor from the low-carb almond flour.
Our keto orange cake is served with a glorious orange cream cheese frosting and bejeweled with orange zest. It looks as good as it tastes!
You can use lemons instead of oranges and ghee or coconut oil instead of butter for a different spin with equally tasty results.
Why You'll Love Keto Orange Cake
- A delicious low-carb cake everyone will love!
- Perfectly moist texture with a sweet and nutty flavor
- Only 4.6g net carbs in each slice!!
Almond Flour Orange Cake Ingredients
My keto orange cake uses various healthy ingredients, including almond flour, to reduce carbs. One cake makes around 12 slices, each containing only 4.6 grams of net carbs. It's the perfect sweet treat for your keto diet!
To make it, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Almond flour - A very fine, blanched almond flour like Bob's Red Mill.
- Eggs - Free-range at room temperature.
- Orange - The juice and zest of one orange. Substitute for lemon to make a keto lemon cake.
- Cream cheese - At room temperature.
- Greek yogurt - Full-fat, plain Greek yogurt at room temperature. Substitute for any other plain yogurt that is keto-friendly (check the label for added sugar).
- Butter - Salted and at room temperature. Substitute for ghee or coconut oil if needed.
- Erythritol - Powdered Erythritol or another sugar-free sweetener.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Keto Orange Cake
This first step is the prepare the low carb orange cake.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking paper, lightly grease it, and dust with almond flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix the almond flour, Erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix the eggs, orange juice, orange zest (reserving some for garnish), melted butter, and vanilla extract until they combine well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter with no lumps in it.
- Pour the batter into your lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for around 30 to 35 minutes.
- To check the keto orange cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, then it's fully cooked.
While baking the keto orange cake, you can make the orange cream cheese frosting.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, orange juice, butter, and Erythritol until well combined. You want your frosting to have a velvety smooth texture with no lumps.
- Pop it in the fridge until your cake is ready and has cooled to room temperature.
- Once the orange cake has reached room temperature, spread the frosting evenly over the top. Sprinkle with orange zest, slice, and enjoy!
- In the fridge: This orange cake keeps well when stored in an airtight refrigerated container. It will keep for up to 5 days.
- In the freezer: You'll also be happy to learn this cake freezes beautifully. Wrap individual slices and pop them in the freezer. They'll keep for up to 3 months. It's a wonderful recipe for meal prepping.
- To thaw from frozen: When you're ready to enjoy a slice, let it thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
More Keto Cake Recipes
I have a range of great keto-friendly cake recipes I know you'll love!
- Keto Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Keto Red Velvet Cake
- Keto Chocolate Cake + Chocolate Frosting
Almond Flour Orange Cake (Keto Orange Cake)
For the Orange Cake
For the Frosting
- ⅔ cup Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Greek Yogurt full-fat
- 1 tablespoon Butter salted, room temperature
- ⅓ cup Erythritol
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice
To Make The Keto Orange Cake
- Gather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking paper. Grease and dust the sides with almond flour if necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Almond flour, Erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: Eggs, orange juice and zest, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking to create a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake come out clean.
- Remove the orange cake from the oven and let it rest until it reaches room temperature.
To Make The Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- While baking the cake, make the frosting: Whisk together the cream cheese with the yogurt, orange juice, butter, and Erythritol until velvety smooth and lump-free. Refrigerate until your cake is ready and at room temperature.
- Spread the frosting on the cake and sprinkle with orange zest. Serve at room temperature.