This keto almond flour orange cake is made with healthy ingredients and is an excellent dessert. With a sweet and nutty flavor and a delicious orange cream cheese frosting that everyone will love!
Table of Contents
This is an exceptionally good almond flour keto orange cake. Ultra-moist, fragrant and subtly sweet. It has a pleasant hint of citrus, and a naturally sweet and nutty flavor from the low-carb almond flour.
Served with a glorious orange cream cheese frosting and bejeweled with orange zest, it looks as good as it tastes!
You can use lemons instead of oranges and ghee or coconut oil instead of butter for a different spin with equally tasty results.
Why You'll Love Orange Keto Cake
- A delicious low carb dessert
- Moist texture with a sweet and nutty flavor
- Only 4.6 grams of net carbs
Keto Orange Cake Ingredients
Our low carb orange cake uses a variety of healthy ingredients including almond flour to reduce the total carbs. One loaf makes around 10 slices and each slice contains only 4.6 grams of net carbs. It's the perfect sweet treat for your keto diet!
To make it, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Almond flour
- Orange (juice & zest)
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Keto Almond Flour Orange Cake
To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and then lightly grease it and dust with almond flour.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the dry ingredients. Mix the almond flour, Erythritol, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
In another mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients. Mix the eggs, orange juice, orange zest, melted butter and vanilla extract until they're well combined.
The next step is to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter with no lumps in it.
Now we're ready to bake! Pour the batter into your lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for around 30 to 35 minutes.
You can test if your keto orange cake is ready by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean then it's fully cooked.
While the cake is baking you can go ahead and make the frosting. Whisk together the cream cheese, yogurt, orange juice, butter and Erythritol until well combined. You want a velvety smooth frosting with no lumps. Pop it in the fridge until your cake is ready and has cooled to room temperature.
Finally, when the orange cake has reached room temperature spread the frosting evenly over the top. Sprinkle with orange zest, slice and enjoy!
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
- Keto Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Keto Carrot Cake Bars
- Fathead Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries
Keto Almond Flour Orange Cake
For the Orange Cake
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs whisked
- 1 Orange juice and zest
- ½ cup Butter melted
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Frosting
- ⅔ cup Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Yogurt full-fat
- 1 tablespoon Butter salted, room temperature
- ⅓ cup Erythritol
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 Orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with baking paper. Grease and dust the sides with almond flour if necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Almond flour, Erythritol, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients: Eggs, orange juice and zest, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients, whisking to create a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake, come out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the frosting: Whisk together the cream cheese with the yogurt, orange juice, butter and erythritol until velvety smooth and lump-free. Refrigerate until your cake is ready and at room temperature.
- Spread the frosting on the cake and sprinkle with orange zest. Serve at room temperature.