This incredibly easy 4 ingredient vanilla keto custard recipe (Vanilla Pot de Crème) is an indulgent dessert you can have ready in just 35 minutes!
Table of Contents
This sugar free custard or vanilla pot de crème recipe is equally good hot or cold, and can be topped with fresh low carb fruit, nuts and keto friendly sweeteners.
It's an impressive dessert you can make at home that will wow your guests and taste buds! Vanilla Pots de Crème never tasted so good!
Why You'll Love Low Carb Custard
- Only 4 ingredients
- Only 4.1 grams of net carbs!!
- A smooth, thick and creamy texture
- Sweet with a hint of a vanilla
- Lots of topping options
Keto Vanilla Custard Ingredients
To make this keto egg custard you only need 4 key ingredients:
Heavy cream - make sure the heavy cream/double cream/thickened cream is at room temperature.
Eggs - try to use free range eggs and make sure they're at room temperature like the heavy cream.
Erythritol - we used Erythritol but you can use any other granulated sweetener such as monk fruit, stevia etc.
Vanilla extract - for that delicious vanilla flavor!
How To Make Easy Keto Custard
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and grease four ovenproof ramekins. Place the ramekins in a suitably sized baking dish.
Whisk the eggs, Erythritol and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until it reaches a smooth cream-like consistency.
Pour in the heavy cream in a stream while continuing to whisk until it has completely incorporated into the mixture.
Divide the mixture into the four ramekins you prepared earlier.
Slowly add boiling water into the oven dish being very careful not to splash any water into the ramekins. The ramekins should be sitting in about 1 inch high water.
Bake in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes until the custard is golden on top.
Allow to cool to room temperature and serve garnished with your chosen toppings and dusted with powdered Erythritol.
Fresh fruit - there are a number of fruits that can be eaten in moderation on keto. You can use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, cantaloupe and star fruit.
Nuts - topping this low carb vanilla custard with sliced nuts gives eat bite added texture and flavor. Sliced almonds, walnuts and pecans all work well. You might also like to check out our post on the best low carb nuts on keto.
Sweeteners - top your custard with any type of low carb sweetener. We used powdered Erythritol, but you can also use monk fruit, stevia and others.
In the fridge: Always keep any leftover custard in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Let it cool to room temperature before you place it in the fridge and it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
In the freezer: You can freeze this keto egg custard by placing portions in freezer proof containers. They will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. Simply thaw them overnight in the refrigerator when you're ready to eat them.
More Keto Desserts
- No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Keto Ice Cream
- Fathead Cinnamon Rolls
Vanilla Pots de Crème (Keto Custard Recipe)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Low Carb Fruit fresh or frozen
- Powdered Erythritol to dust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease 4 ovenproof ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs, with the Erythritol and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well combined into a smooth cream.
- Pour in the heavy cream in a stream while whisking until well blended and incorporated to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared ramekins.
- Gently add boiling water in the oven dish aiming to cover about an inch of the ramekins making sure not to splash any water into the cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until golden at the top.
- Allow to reach room temperature and serve optionally garnished with low carb fruit and dusted with powdered Erythritol.