This sugar-free Chia Seed Jam recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes! It's made with fresh and healthy ingredients you can feel good about, and it's the perfect spread for your favorite keto breads or baking.
Table of Contents
Everyone loves a good jam in the morning! And you don’t need to get special ingredients or a fancy equipment to make and enjoy this raspberry jam with chia seeds.
This simple, fool-proof recipe works with any type of other berries as well, so you can make a wide range of different keto-friendly jams.
This keto raspberry jam is great spread on our fathead bagels or 5-ingredient egg loaf!
Why You'll Love It
- Super quick and easy to make
- Fresh real ingredients that are healthy
- Only 2.5 grams of net carbs per tablespoon!!
Raspberries - fresh raspberries are best to use but you can also use frozen varieties, make sure they don't have any added sugar. You can also substitute them for other berries and strawberries, blueberries and blackberries will all make delicious keto jam.
Lemon juice - helps to brighten up the flavor, you can also use lime juice as a substitute.
Chia seeds - helps to thicken up the jam and is a low-carb substitute for sugar. They're also packed with nutrients! You can use ground, crushed or whole chia seeds for different textures to your jam.
Erythritol - to give your jam sweetness without adding lots of extra sugar. You can also use other sugar-free sweeteners like monk fruit, allulose or stevia. Make sure you taste test your jam
How To Make Keto Jam
In a saucepan
Lightly crush the berries with a fork or potato masher. You can make your chia seed jam as thick or smooth as you like, for a thicker consistency leave a few berries whole.
Prep the chia seeds
Using a mortar or pestle grind the chia seeds to your desired consistency. You can lightly crush them or even use them whole for a thicker chia jam.
Combine the ingredients
Add the chia seeds and lemon juice to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
Remove from heat
Remove the saucepan from the heat and give the jam a little taste. Depending on how sweet your jam is, add the Erythritol and mix everything together well.
Let the keto raspberry jam cool to room temperature and then transfer it to a sealed container or glass jar.
Spread the jam on your favorite low carb bread or baking and enjoy!
- Substitute different berries to make homemade strawberry chia jam, blueberry jam, blackberry jam or different combinations!
- Taste test the jam before adding your sweetener because depending on the berries you use, it may already be sweet enough or only need a little extra sweetener.
Once it has reached room temperature, store your raspberry chia seed jam in an airtight container or glass jar. Keep it refrigerated and it will last for up to a week. You can also make larger batches of jam while berries are in season and freeze it for up to 6 months. Fresh jam all year round!
More Homemade Recipes
Looking for more sugar-free homemade spreads and dips? Try these recipes:
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Homemade Avocado Guacamole
- Homemade Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- Homemade Spicy Garlic Aioli
Keto Raspberry Chia Seed Jam Recipe
- 3 cups Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoon Lemon Juice fresh or bottled
- 4 tablespoon Chia Seeds ground, crushed or whole
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- Place the berries in a saucepan and lightly crush with a fork or potato masher. If you like your jam chunky, leave a few berries whole.
- If you can’t find ground chia seeds you can use a mortar and pestle to lightly crush them or use them whole.
- Add the lemon juice and chia seeds and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add the Erythritol and mix well.
- Allow to cool down before storing in an airtight container or glass jar.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Can you leave the erythritol or any other sweetener out completely?
Yes, you may find the jam is sweet enough without any additional sweetener. You can always mix it into the jam if needed.
Going to make this today with blueberries; I'd give it a 5! Thank you for making keto possible and delicious