Keto fathead bagels are the ultimate keto indulgence. Make them with only 6 ingredients, and pair them with your favorite low carb spread!
Table of Contents
This fuss-free Keto Fathead Bagels recipe takes one of our favorite baked goods and rockets its flavor profile while keeping the carbs very low!
Made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour, they are strangely addictive, especially when served hot from the oven with butter or a bowl of olive oil to dip in.
And if breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, you definitely need to try these bagels with cream cheese, eggs, and crispy bacon.
Did we mention they have less than 3 grams of carbs per bagel? What a way to kickstart the day!
Why You'll Love Them
- Only 2.6 grams of net carbs per bagel!!
- Perfect low carb bagel substitute
- Great with so many low carb spreads
To make keto fathead bagels, you'll only need 6 easy ingredients:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Easy, let's make the bagels!
How to Make Low Carb Bagels
We'll get started by making the fathead dough. If you'd like a more in-depth guide to making it check out our fathead dough guide here.
To get started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a double boiler or microwave for 20-second increments mixing until fully melted and combined.
Make the dough
Add the egg, baking powder, baking soda, and almond flour and knead the mixture until it forms a dough.
Shape the dough
Divide the dough into six balls and roll each into strings.
Shape the strings into circles and place them on the baking tray leaving room between each bagel because they will expand.
Brush each bagel's surface with water, add your toppings, and press them lightly into the dough.
Bake the bagels
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot or let them cool and store them in an airtight container.
- In the fridge: Leftover bagels can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The bagels will keep for at least 1 week.
- In the freezer: These bagels freeze great as well. Once cooled, place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag, remove as much of the air as possible, and freeze. They'll keep for at least 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight when ready to eat them.
- To reheat bagels: You can slice these bagels and place them under the broiler or in the toaster. You can also warm them up in the microwave.
More Breakfast Ideas
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes to add to your meal plan? Try these:
Keto Fathead Bagels
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a double boiler (make your own double boiler by placing a smaller saucepan in a large saucepan filled with water and bring to a gentle simmer) and stir to heat through and melt together into a creamy mixture.
- Alternatively, microwave on high for 20 seconds, mix well and microwave for 20-30 seconds again to melt and fully combined.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the egg, baking powder, soda and almond flour kneading with your hands to turn into a dough.
- Divide into six pieces and roll into strings. Shape into circles and gently place on the prepared baking pan, leaving enough room between each bagel to expand.
- If you are using toppings, brush the surface of each bagel with a drop of water and add the toppings of your choice, pressing lightly with your fingers to stick well to the dough.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and serve hot or store in an airtight container after they have completely cooled down.