This Keto Egg Loaf Recipe is made with just five ingredients—coconut flour, eggs, cream cheese, butter, and baking powder. It's perfect for breakfast or brunch and the best French toast bread!
Table of Contents
This keto egg loaf is a versatile, low carb bread recipe that makes a great base for French toast, fried bread, or croutons.
You can customize it for sweet or savory recipes by adding seasonings, spices, Erythritol, vanilla extract, or cinnamon.
What is Keto Egg Loaf?
Keto egg loaf is a low-carb bread often used as a pancake or French toast substitute on a keto diet.
It's very simple to make by whisking the ingredients into a smooth batter.
The mixture is baked in a loaf pan until it is spongy and golden brown, easy!
Why You'll Love It
- 2.1g net carbs in each slice
- Only 5 ingredients needed
- It can be enjoyed both sweet and savory
- The perfect bread for keto French toast
- Only 10 minutes of preparation
Ingredients You'll Need
Just five simple ingredients, and you're ready to go!
- Eggs - organic free-range eggs if possible. Make sure they're at room temperature to avoid a lumpy batter.
- Cream cheese - full-fat cream cheese at room temperature as well.
- Coconut flour - super fine coconut flour to avoid gritty bread, which keeps our egg loaf low carb.
- Butter - unsalted butter melted at room temperature.
- Baking powder - to give our bread a light and fluffy texture.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the eggs, melted butter, and cream cheese. Whisk until they form a smooth batter.
- Fold in the coconut flour and baking powder until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it reach room temperature before removing the keto egg loaf from the loaf pan. Slice and enjoy!
My keto egg loaf is the perfect keto breakfast. It's a cross between pancakes and regular toast.
The best way to enjoy it is warm and toasted with a generous slab of butter. Sprinkle over some Erythritol, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract for a satisfying breakfast.
It also goes great with my 5-minute chia seed jam that you can easily whip up while it's baking!
Keto French Toast
Another great way to enjoy this egg loaf is a keto-friendly French toast.
Fry slices of egg loaf in butter over low heat until golden brown. Sprinkle over some sugar-free sweetener, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and top with fresh low carb fruit.
Savory French Toast
You can also enjoy this egg loaf with savory toppings.
Fresh parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper all work well. You can mix and match the flavor with any of your favorite seasonings.
Add some goat cheese, sliced avocado, and sliced salmon, and you have a well-rounded meal packed with energy and nutrients.
- In the fridge: You can store leftover egg loaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 1 week.
- In the freezer: This egg loaf freezes great! Slice the egg loaf and place it in freezer-proof bags. To reheat, simply pop it in the toaster!
More Keto Breakfast Ideas
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- Cranberry Keto Pancakes
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Keto Egg Loaf (French Toast)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (200°C) and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the melted butter and cream cheese. Whisk until they turn into a smooth batter.
- Fold in the baking powder and coconut flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it reach room temperature before removing it from the loaf pan, slice, and serve.