Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots are the perfect combination of sweet and savory with a crispy bite. They will become a family favorite side dish on the dinner table. So delicious!
Table of Contents
Super easy to make, you'll only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time for this recipe, and they'll be on the table 35 minutes later!
They look fancy and very healthy, and nobody needs to know that it took you minutes to throw them together! Serve them with roast chicken for the perfect weekend dinner.
We tried them with our balsamic chicken recipe, and it was a match made in heaven!
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots
There's something amazing about foods wrapped in bacon! Each carrot is scrubbed and wrapped with two thin strips of bacon, brushed thoroughly with a melted butter maple syrup and paprika glaze, then finally baked until crispy and brown. Simple and AMAZING!
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots Ingredients
You'll only need to grab 5 ingredients to make this fantastic side dish (exact amounts are available in the recipe below):
- Keto maple syrup
How to Make Bacon Maple Glazed Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Wash and scrub the carrots and then pat them dry. Grab your bacon and tightly wrap each carrot with two bacon strips, then place them on the baking tray with the bacon ends down to ensure they stay in place.
- Prepare the maple glaze by dissolving the keto maple syrup into the melted butter and then whisk in the paprika.
- Gently brush the carrots using half of the maple-butter glaze mixture and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, glaze the carrots with the rest of the mixture, and bake for another 15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Serve hot!
Tips for Making Bacon Wrapped Carrots
Before you start baking, here are a few useful tips to ensure they come out perfect.
- Wrap the carrots tight. Make sure you take time when wrapping the carrots with the bacon strips. Remember to place them in the baking tray with the bacon ends down so that the bacon doesn't come off during baking and glazing.
- Keep an eye on them. When you make these for the first time, keep an eye on them in the oven. The crispy bacon can burn quickly, and each oven is different, so you will have to see how they cook in your oven.
- Good quality syrup. 100% pure maple syrup makes these taste so much better! You only need a little, so it's worth spending extra.
In my opinion, these bacon wrapped carrots are best served nice and hot out of the oven. But you can store leftovers, and here's how:
- In the fridge: Once cooled, store leftover bacon wrapped carrots in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the microwave or the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) until heated all the way through.
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Scrub the carrots and wrap each one of them in two strips of bacon. Place on the baking pan ends down to secure the bacon in place.
- Dissolve the keto maple syrup into the melted butter and whisk the paprika powder.
- Brush the carrots with half the mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining maple-butter glaze and bake for 15 minutes until the carrots are cooked.