Super easy to make, you’ll only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time for this recipe, they’ll be on the table 35 minutes later!
They look fancy, they are very healthy and nobody needs to know that it took you minutes to throw together! Serve them with roast chicken for the perfect weekend dinner.
We tried them with our balsamic chicken recipe and it was a match made in heaven!
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots
There’s something amazing about foods wrapped with bacon! Each carrot is scrubbed and wrapped with two thin strips of bacon, brushed thoroughly with a melted butter maple syrup and paprika glaze, then finally baked until crispy and brown. Simple and AMAZING!
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots Ingredients
You’ll only need to grab 5 ingredients to make this fantastic side dish (exact amounts are available in the recipe below):
- Large whole carrots
- Maple syrup
How to Make Bacon Maple Glazed Carrots
The first step is the preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
Next, wash and scrub your carrots and then pat them dry. Grab your bacon and tightly wrap each carrot with two strips each and then place them on the baking tray with the bacon ends down to make sure they stay in place.
To prepare the maple glaze simply dissolve the maple syrup into the melted butter and then whisk in the paprika. Gently brush the carrots using half of the maple-butter glaze mixture and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the baking tray from the oven and glaze the carrots with the rest of the mixture and bake for another 15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Serve hot!
Tips for Making Bacon Wrapped Carrots
Before you start baking here are a few useful tips that will make sure they come out perfect.
- Wrap the carrots tight. Make sure you take your time when wrapping the carrots with the bacon strips. Remember to place them in the baking tray with the bacon ends down so that the bacon doesn’t come off while baking and glazing.
- Keep an eye on them. When you make these for the first time make sure to keep an eye on them in the oven. The crispy bacon can burn quickly and each oven is different so you will have to see how they cook in your oven.
- Good quality syrup. 100% pure maple syrup makes these taste so much better! You only need a little so it’s definitely worth spending extra.
Maple Bacon Wrapped Carrots
- 4 large Carrots
- 8 strips Bacon
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with baking paper/baking sheet.
- Scrub the carrots and wrap each one of them in two strips of bacon. Place on the baking pan, ends down to secure the bacon in place.
- Dissolve the maple syrup into the melted butter and whisk in the paprika powder.
- Brush the carrots with half the amount of the mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining maple-butter glaze and bake for 15 minutes until the carrots are cooked through.
- Serve hot.