There's nothing like the smell of fresh home-made pancakes for breakfast. It's a classic breakfast we all love. Just because you're on the keto diet doesn't mean you can't enjoy a big stack of keto-friendly pancakes! This pancake recipe is one of my favorite keto breakfast recipes and it's paleo and gluten-free too.
As for toppings, most typical pancake toppings are a no-go on the keto diet. We've made a simple cranberry sauce that is very easy to make. It's much better than store-bought versions that are loaded with sugar.
Cranberries have the added benefits of being low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. They're also considered by many to be a superfood because they're high in nutrients and packed with antioxidants. Cranberries are the perfect pancake topping choice for your keto diet.
Start your day off right and make these amazing low carb pancakes. Let us know how they went in the comments below!
Almond Flour Keto Pancakes
If you've tried other keto pancake recipes out there you've probably tried ones made with cream cheese and eggs. Maybe it's just me but I find them way too tangy with a strong egg flavor. Instead, this recipe uses blanched almond flour which makes the pancakes more cakey, light and fluffy.
Easy Keto Pancakes With Only A Few Ingredients
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is low carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free AND super easy to make. What makes it even better? Only six ingredients for the pancakes (seven if you throw in the cranberry sauce).
Most of these common ingredients will be in your kitchen if you're cooking keto recipes on a low carb diet. For the sweetener, you can just go with your favorite option. I used erythritol but feel free to substitute it with any no-carb sweetener you like. You can also adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet you enjoy your pancakes (and whether or not you add the cranberry sauce).
How to Make Keto Pancakes
Like I've mentioned these keto-friendly pancakes are quick to make. The preparation time is only around 5 minutes by simply mixing all the ingredients into a smooth batter.
Heat up your coconut oil in a frying pan or griddle and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until it's perfectly golden brown. Keep an eye on it because it will cook faster than the first side.
The cranberries can be heated in a saucepan or in the microwave for a few minutes while you're cooking the pancakes. Simply drizzle the warm cranberry sauce on top of your pancakes. I don't think there's any keto breakfast, brunch of lazy snack that is easier!
Tips for your Low-Carb Pancakes
Almond flour - Make sure you use a good quality finely ground almond flour for your pancakes. If you use coarse almond flour you'll end up with gritty, dense pancakes.
Small is better - For these keto pancakes, you'll want to use around 2 tablespoons of the batter. If you make them too big they're much harder to flip and end up falling apart.
Bubbles and flip - Like cooking a regular pancake keep an eye out for crispy edges and bubbles on the top. Once you see them use a thin spatula to slide under the pancake and do a quick flip.
Storage - You can easily cook a large batch using this recipe. They'll keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them which is great if you like to meal plan or just want to have some quick frozen meals that are ready.
If you want more keto tips and delicious, healthy keto-friendly recipes, make sure to follow our Keto Diet board on Pinterest below!
Cranberry Keto Pancakes
For the Keto Pancakes
- 3 tablespoon Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 sachet Sweetener Erythritol, stevia etc
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder gluten-free
- 1 large Egg
- 4 tablespoon Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
For the Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- ¼ cup Cranberries
- 1 sachet Sweetener Erythritol, stevia etc
Cooking the Keto Pancakes
- Start by whisking the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, egg and almond milk together in a bowl. Mix until the batter has no lumps and is the consistency of traditional pancake batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop two tablespoons of the batter into the hot pan and form into pancakes. Cook for around 2 minutes until you see bubbles form on top and edges turning brown. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes until the other side is golden brown. Repeat until you've used all the batter.
Making the Cranberry Topping
- In a saucepan heat the cranberries until warm. Add sweetener and gently mix until smooth. Serve the cranberries drizzled over your fresh pancakes.
- You can also make the cranberries in the microwave. Heat them for 1 minute (2 minutes if frozen) and then gently mix in sweetener.