Crispy, crunchy, and loaded with flavor, these Cheddar Chips are the perfect snack or appetizer. You only need 1 ingredient to make these cheese chips—cheese! They're quick, easy, and sure to be a hit.
Table of Contents
With just one ingredient and ten minutes in the oven, these keto cheddar chips are the perfect addition to your dips, charcuterie boards, and lunch boxes.
How To Make Cheddar Chips
These keto cheddar chips couldn't be easier to make. All you need to do is grate your cheese a pop them in the oven. Follow the steps below:
- Cheese - You can use cheddar, Parmesan, Asiago, mozzarella, and pepper jack, or a combination will also work. I love using sharp cheddar cheese because it has a tangy and slightly salty taste with a rich and creamy texture. Make sure you don't use sliced cheese because it won't crisp up.
- Optional - Add your favorite seasonings, herbs, and spices to these chips. Garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and Italian seasoning are great additions sprinkled over these cheese chips.
- Prepare the oven. To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare the cheese. Use a cheese grated to shred your cheddar cheese.
- Prepare for baking. Divide the cheese into 8 portions and place them in mounds on the lined baking tray. Leave about an inch of space between each mound. Optionally sprinkle over your seasonings in this step.
- Bake the chips. Transfer the tray to the oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until golden. Remove the tray from the oven and let the chips cool for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Keto cheddar chips should not be stored at room temperature for more than 2 hours as they can easily spoil and become unsafe to eat. Bacteria can grow rapidly on high-fat, high-protein foods like cheese, leading to food poisoning.
- In the fridge: It's best to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they can last for 2-3 days. To warm them up, simply pop them in the oven for a few minutes until they're crispy.
- In the freezer: Cheddar chips can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer-safe plastic bag. When ready to eat, remove them from the freezer and place them in the oven to reheat. This will help to restore their crispiness. However, consuming them within the first 1-2 months is recommended for the best taste and texture.
More Keto Chips & Crackers
- Chorizo Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Garlic Crackers
- Keto Doritos
- Parmesan Spinach Crackers
- 4-Seed Crispy Crackers
Cheddar Chips Recipe
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Shred the cheddar cheese with a cheese grater.
- Divide the cheese into 8 portions and place mounds of the shredded cheese on the baking paper. Leave 1 inch of space between each mound and sprinkle over any seasonings.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the chips from the oven and cool them on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is calculated based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe we provide. Erythritol and other sugar-free sweetener carbs are not included in the carb counts. Net carbohydrates are the total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber.
© KetoDietYum.com – Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single images may be used when full credit and a link back to the original content on KetoDietYum.com is provided.