Crispy and buttery keto sugar free cookies are the perfect low carb alternative to everyone's favorite sugar cookie. Best of all, this sugar free cookie recipe is ready in 20 minutes and is gluten free, grain free, and great for anyone diabetic. Just 1g net carbs in each cookie!
Table of Contents
Sugar Free Cookies
You MUST learn to make these almond flour sugar cookies with less than 10 ingredients. They're all joy and no carbs! As we move into the festive season, my go-to keto Christmas desserts are snowball cookies, pumpkin bread, and these keto sugar cookies.
I always go a bit cookie-crazy, baking tray after tray. But sugar cookies without sugar? It’s true! These keto-friendly and sugar free cookies are perfect with your favorite hot chocolate, coffee, or tea. Grab your favorite Christmas cookie cutters, and they look so fancy. They're great in hampers and make memorable gifts for loved ones too!
I've been making this sugar cookie recipe for a long time, and it is something special. I'm finally sharing it in all its sugar free glory! The best part? They're effortless to make (ready in 20 minutes) and use simple ingredients.
No sugar, no grains, and no oil are used in this recipe. No eggy, cheesy, or almondy taste either. As for the texture? They're crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and melt in your mouth. They have a rich, buttery flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
How To Make Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Almond flour - super-fine unblanched almond flour or almond meal.
- Coconut flour - super-fine coconut flour.
- Sweetener - I used granulated Erythritol, but any other sugar-free sweetener will work fine. Monk fruit, stevia, and Allulose are all suitable.
- Cream cheese - room temperature.
- Butter - room temperature.
- Egg - free-range egg at room temperature.
- Xanthan gum
- Vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour with the coconut flour, granulated Erythritol, xanthan gum, and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the butter with the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until you have a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper until it forms into a ⅕-inch thick sheet.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut the dough and then transfer them to the lined baking tray.
- Bake the sugar cookies for 15 to 25 minutes until slightly golden at the edges.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool until firm before serving.
Tips & Variations For No Sugar Cookies
Make sure you don't over-bake the cookies. You might think they're too soft, but once they've browned around the edges, they are ready to take out of the oven. They'll continue to become more firm as you let them rest and cool down.
Make chocolate-sugar cookies. Add ⅓ cup of keto-friendly chocolate chips to the dough to give the cookies a chocolatey flavor. I recommend Lily's Sweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chips which are sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
How To Store Low Sugar Cookies
- Storage: To store leftover cookies, keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. They'll keep for up to one week, and keep them somewhere cool and out of sunlight.
- In the fridge: For longer-term storage, store the cookies in an airtight container. They'll keep for up to 4 weeks in the fridge.
- In the freezer: These cookies freeze very well, so they're great for meal prep. Make a large batch and place them in a ziplock freezer-safe bag. They'll keep for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Can I Make These Cookies Dairy Free?
Yes! To make these sugar cookies dairy-free, you must substitute the cream cheese and butter. You can substitute the butter for coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. You can substitute the cream cheese for soft tofu or a nut cream cheese made with cashew or almond.
Can I Make These Cookies Vegan?
Yes, you'll need to substitute several of the ingredients that aren't vegan:
- Substitute the butter for coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, or another vegan substitute.
- Substitute the cream cheese for cashew cream cheese, tofu sour cream, avocado, or another vegan substitute.
- Substitute the egg for ground flaxseed or ground chia.
More Keto Cookies To Make
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- No-Bake Almond Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Coconut Cookies
Keto Sugar Cookie Recipe
- ⅔ cup Almond Flour
- 5 tablespoon Erythritol granulated
- 3 tablespoon Butter room temperature
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoon Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 medium Egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Gather all the ingredients for your gluten free sugar cookie recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour with the granulated Erythritol, xanthan gum, and coconut flour. Add a tiny pinch of sea salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter with the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients to make a dough.
- Wrap in cling film, shape into a ball and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper into a ⅕-inch-thick sheet.
- Cut out different cookie shapes using cookie cutters, and transfer them onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 15 - 25 minutes or until slightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and firm before serving.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
This recipe looks phenomenal. What does asdf mean after some of an ingredient?
Sorry, those ingredients didn't have the notes updated, and there's nothing special you need to know about them.
Let me know how you enjoy the keto sugar cookies if you try them!
Thank you for your quick response