This Strawberry Caprese Salad is one of my favorite summer keto salad recipes. It's VERY easy to make and perfect for hot spring and summer days. You'll only need 8 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make this fresh and tasty salad.
Table of Contents
This Strawberry Caprese Salad is an easy, gluten-free, vegetarian, and keto-friendly salad for any occasion during the warmer months. It's a light, healthy salad perfect for a simple lunch or picnic in the park, combining sweet strawberries with classic flavors like balsamic vinegar and fresh mozzarella. You'll love this refreshing take on the classic Caprese salad!
All you need are mixed greens, strawberries, cucumber, mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Just slice the strawberries and cucumber, then arrange them with mixed greens and mozzarella on a plate. Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and garlic, then season to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and it's ready to eat. Trust me, this salad is a real crowd-pleaser and will leave your taste buds dancing!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Mixed greens - Use your favorite salad mixed greens.
- Cucumber - Very low in carbs and adds a refreshing crunch to the salad.
- Strawberries - Add the perfect amount of sweetness to the salad, and are rich in vitamin C.
- Mozzarella - Freshly diced mozzarella cheese or mozzarella cheese balls add a creamy texture and are high in protein and calcium.
- Mint - A few fresh mint leaves to garnish and add a cool and refreshing taste to the salad.
- Olive oil - Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the base of the dressing. Adds lots of healthy fats to the salad.
- Balsamic vinegar - Adds a tangy and sweet flavor to the dressing.
- Dijon mustard - Adds a tangy and slightly spicy flavor to the dressing.
- Garlic - Adds an aromatic and savory flavor to the dressing.
How To Make Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Prep the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to create a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Prep the salad. Place the mixed greens in a salad bowl and arrange the sliced strawberries and cucumber on top. Add the mozzarella balls and drizzle over the salad dressing. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
The best way to store strawberry Caprese salad is to separate the salad and the dressing. Place the mixed greens, sliced strawberries, cucumber, mozzarella balls, and mint in an airtight container or sealable bag and store them in the refrigerator. Do not mix in the dressing until ready to serve, as this can make the greens wilt and the cheese soggy. The dressing can be stored in a separate container in the refrigerator. The salad and dressing will keep for up to 3 days.
When you are ready to serve, take the salad and dressing from the fridge and let them come to room temperature for a few minutes. Then, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Enjoy!
More Keto Salad Recipes
Strawberry Caprese Salad Recipe
For the Salad
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- ½ small Cucumber sliced
- 4 large Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese balls or diced
- 6 leaves Mint to garnish
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ clove Garlic minced
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
To Make the Dressing
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, mustard, minced garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to create a smooth and creamy dressing.
To Make the Salad
- Place the mixed greens in a salad bowl and top with the cucumber and strawberry slices.
- Add the mozzarella balls. Drizzle with the dressing and serve at room temperature, garnished with fresh mint leaves.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question