This easy keto shrimp salad recipe is quick to prepare but makes a fresh and flavorful meal you will love! High in protein, healthy fats, and just 1.6g net carbs per serving.
Table of Contents
Spring Keto Shrimp Salad
Are you looking for an easy-to-make but delicious keto meal? Look no further than this simple keto salad. I always opt for a salad when I feel like I need something healthy. My go-to recipes are a loaded caesar wedge salad, lemon steak salad, and this keto shrimp salad.
After trying so many different versions, this is by far one of the best keto shrimp salad recipes. It's an easy dish that is the perfect spring meal, made with easy-to-find ingredients like lettuce and mayonnaise. You can enjoy this easy and refreshing salad all season long or take it into summer with the addition of grilled zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
Packed with protein, healthy fats, and satisfying flavors, this simple dish is the perfect way to stay on track with your low-carb goals while indulging in a satisfying and tasty meal. So grab your apron and get ready to dive into a refreshing, effortless, delicious low-carb shrimp salad.
Ingredients and Variations
This simple keto salad recipe only calls for six key ingredients. You can throw in your own seasonings and additions (like chopped avocado and cucumber). You will need the following ingredients:
- Shrimp - Fresh or frozen shrimp that are peeled and deveined. Make sure they are thawed if frozen.
- Lettuce - We used romaine lettuce, but you can substitute it for your favorite type of lettuce or what you have available.
- Green onion - A few stalks of freshly chopped green onion to garnish (optional).
- Mayonnaise - We used plain mayonnaise, but you can substitute it for sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Mustard - We used Dijon mustard, but you can substitute it for whole grain, yellow, stone ground, or spicy brown mustard. Avoid using mustards high in sugar, like honey mustard, and always check the nutritional labels.
- Olive oil - Opt for extra-virgin olive oil for a more neutral taste.
- Seasonings - A simple combination of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
How To Make Keto Shrimp Salad
Making your keto shrimp salad can be fun and incredibly satisfying when you bite into it.
- Prep the shrimp. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. When hot, add the shrimp and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until opaque and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Prep the lettuce. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, then arrange them on a plate to make a bed for the salad.
- Add the sauce. Mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a bowl, then add cooked shrimp. Gently mix until the shrimp is well coated and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Plate the salad. Transfer the shrimp salad on top of the lettuce leaves and garnish with chopped green onions.
- In the fridge: Leftover keto shrimp salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. For the best results, keep the shrimp and lettuce leaves separate and mix when ready to eat.
More Salad Recipes You'll Love
Keto Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb Shrimp raw and peeled
- 4 large Lettuce Leaves
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 stalk Green Onion chopped, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan until hot. Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until opaque and cooked through. Set aside to reach room temperature.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves then arrange them on a plate or salad bowl to make a bed for the salad.
- Add the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to a bowl and mix. Add the cooked shrimp and gently mix until well-coated. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer the shrimp salad on top of the lettuce leaves and garnish with chopped green onions.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Rate this recipe
Share your recipe by tagging @keto.diet.yum with hashtag #ketodietyum on Instagram - everyone would love to see it!
Leave a review or ask a question